Phantom 4 Pro Photography settings

Reaction score
I have just got a new Phantom 4 Pro and was hoping that someone can advise on the best shutter speed to shoot still images with. What I am really wanting to know is...does the sharpness increase when using a higher shutter speed due to a reduction in vibration from the drone. When I used to photograph out of a helicopter you really needed to use a 1/500 or faster to eliminate the vibration....is this the case with the Phantom 4. All I want to do is take landscape images with the drone.

I have just got a new Phantom 4 Pro and was hoping that someone can advise on the best shutter speed to shoot still images with. What I am really wanting to know is...does the sharpness increase when using a higher shutter speed due to a reduction in vibration from the drone. When I used to photograph out of a helicopter you really needed to use a 1/500 or faster to eliminate the vibration....is this the case with the Phantom 4. All I want to do is take landscape images with the drone.
When you shot hanging from a helicopter, you didn't have a gimbal to keep your camera steady.
There's no "best" shutter speed.
What to use depends on the subject and available light conditions.
The Phantom can manage good shots at 2 secs and slower on still nights.
This was shot at 1/64th in windy conditions (and looks much sharper at full resolution than this reduced version)
DJI_0717a-X2.jpg

When you shot hanging from a helicopter, you didn't have a gimbal to keep your camera steady.
There's no "best" shutter speed.
What to use depends on the subject and available light conditions.
The Phantom can manage good shots at 2 secs and slower on still nights.
This was shot at 1/64th in windy conditions (and looks much sharper at full resolution than this reduced version)
DJI_0717a-X2.jpg
Many thanks, I realise fully about exposure/conditions, I just wondered if there was a "Magic" shutter speed where you did get a better image due to vibration minimisation, but as you rightly pointed out the gimble should take care of that. How are you finding the P4P?

Yep, my thoughts exactly...although I have not received my P4P yet, but I have owned many drones in the past and was so frustrated by the inability to fly a good lens/camera due to the weight penalty. So I am really excited to finally be able to shoot landscapes from the air....with a good quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik