Phantom 4 pro or Inspire 1

Reaction score
In the market for a drone again and I really only use them as recreational and random photos. Thinking the inspire 1 would be overkill but would like to weigh options

It depends on what you are planning on doing with it but in most all aspects the P4P beats the I1. If you were comparing to the I2 that would be a different story. The P4P is a great drone. I would go with that.

I'm thinking that is the way to go.

Let me ask this...
Is it worth getting the ver 2 of the p4p? Crap if the p3p had the obstacle cameras like the p4p I'd just do that but....

Defo the P4P - hands down a better camera, better flight times, easier to transport...no contest IMO

Is it worth getting the ver 2 of the p4p? Crap if the p3p had the obstacle cameras like the p4p I'd just do that but....
The V2.0 was only a very minor mid-run update.
It didn't offer any significant improvements and wasn't enough that owners of the original needed to update to it.

I'm thinking that is the way to go.

Let me ask this...
The v2 doesn't offer me anything earth shattering. OcuSync is nice for using multiple remotes or wireless goggles, but that's about it. I know it's still debatable but there have also been numerous reports of v2 not being as steady in the air as v1.

As to the P3P, also a great product. Honestly the collision avoidance sensors on the P4P mean absolutely nothing to me. Pilots use those sensors as a crutch, and I think they don't hone their piloting skills as much as flying without them. What the P4P does offer above the P3P is the 1" sensor, which makes a huge difference in low light conditions. The mechanical shutter is also valuable for photogrammetry.

Where are you located? I have a P3P in mint condition which I would be looking to sell. Also a Phantom 4 Standard in mint condition. I just don't use them enough.

In the market for a drone again and I really only use them as recreational and random photos. Thinking the inspire 1 would be overkill but would like to weigh options

I had the same dilemma as you a few months back. I have a P4s, but I wanted something a bit more professional (for when I get my 107) and most of the members here steered me to the P4P instead of the I1. From what I gathered, the P4P camera is awesome and, even though not as portable as a Mavic, is way more portable, with quicker setup times than an I1. I did go with the P4P and absolutely love it, quirks and all. The camera is great and it flies solid. Best choice I think I could have made, for my needs.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I plan to take pics or video of storms as they come. I've seen lots of footage and is awsome. I assume the p4p would hold up with a little wind? (Of course not 50-80mph wind)

I plan to take pics or video of storms as they come. I've seen lots of footage and is awsome. I assume the p4p would hold up with a little wind? (Of course not 50-80mph wind)
Yes totally with a "little" wind. Much better than the Mavic. I haven't had my I2 up in very windy conditions but I assume it would hold well with those huge motors and props.
For the P4P, I have no issues with 25 MPH. Always need to watch for wind at altitude and be very vigilant of gusts. Takes time to get comfortable and proficient at flying in gusty winds.
Also a big advantage of the P4P is that in those conditions you can hand launch and hand catch. Launching and landing in gusty winds is the most perilous part of the flight with any model.With the P4P it is made so much easier. You could possibly hand catch an Inspire but it's much more difficult doing that alone.
All of that applies equally to any Phantom. The P4S and the P3P hold up very well in wind too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers