Phantom 4 pro+ no sound in videos

Which sounds are you hoping to record?

Reactions: John Locke
There is a setting in DJI GO that'll allow you to record your voice with the video cached on your mobile device. You can find that setting here:

DJI-GO-Record-Audio-With-Video-Cache.jpg

Note: This setting is not available for the P4P+ yet.

Reactions: kanat03
The only sound you can record is on your display device. Do you have this turned on in the settings?

It does not record sound on the SD card, it's attached to the cached videos stored on the display device.
I see microphone hole in display device.But i couldn't find the way in the settings.

Kanat03 I have been using an Olympus sound recorder to narrate some of my videos. Sometimes I just use another video recorder that my wife usually runs. Problem with using the Olympus recorder is that on post-production with Adobe Elements 15; even after syncing the video and sound at the beginning of the video, they are always off somewhere down the line. I have to keep splicing the audio track to match or sync with the video track. I suppose that is due to the .wav and .mp4 files being of different compression? Anyway, I manage to get the two tracks merged most of the time. It is a lot more work.

Reactions: kanat03
Kanat03 I have been using an Olympus sound recorder to narrate some of my videos. Sometimes I just use another video recorder that my wife usually runs. Problem with using the Olympus recorder is that on post-production with Adobe Elements 15; even after syncing the video and sound at the beginning of the video, they are always off somewhere down the line. I have to keep splicing the audio track to match or sync with the video track. I suppose that is due to the .wav and .mp4 files being of different compression? Anyway, I manage to get the two tracks merged most of the time. It is a lot more work.

Thanks ChipperRay.

Pro plus user here.
The option to record sound is there now, but the sound on cached videos is purely static hiss for me.
I'm using VLC to play the clips. I thought maybe the sound was in an odd format or something.

Just pulled some video cache from my Nexus 9 which I use with the standard controller I also have.
It records and plays sound fine.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Today sound started working on my Pro Plus controller. Not sure why, but last night I was doing some editing/playing of videos on the controller and today it seems that has somehow initialized the microphone properly.
I no longer get static hiss on videos instead of sound.

I also found where the video with sound is stored on the controller.
If you plug the controller in to a computer via the micro USB port and turn on USB storage (pull down from top of android controller window, below settings, press turn on) you will see two new drives appear on the PC. One is the controller internal storage and one is the SD card on the controller, if fitted.

On my PC internal storage on the controller is drive G and the path to the videos with sound is
DJI/dji.pilot.pad/DJI_RECORD

You can now mix the sound channel from these videos with the high quality videos from the aircraft's SD card.

The SD card on the controller appears to do nothing at the moment but perhaps when the RC internal storage is full it might start to use the SD card on the controller. Dunno.

Reactions: ChipperRay
Today sound started working on my Pro Plus controller. Not sure why, but last night I was doing some editing/playing of videos on the controller and today it seems that has somehow initialized the microphone properly.
I no longer get static hiss on videos instead of sound.

I also found where the video with sound is stored on the controller.
If you plug the controller in to a computer via the micro USB port and turn on USB storage (pull down from top of android controller window, below settings, press turn on) you will see two new drives appear on the PC. One is the controller internal storage and one is the SD card on the controller, if fitted.

On my PC internal storage on the controller is drive G and the path to the videos with sound is
DJI/dji.pilot.pad/DJI_RECORD

You can now mix the sound channel from these videos with the high quality videos from the aircraft's SD card.

The SD card on the controller appears to do nothing at the moment but perhaps when the RC internal storage is full it might start to use the SD card on the controller. Dunno.

Nice, I will give that a try. Thank you for the heads up!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31