Phantom 4 Pro+ map data

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro+. Out of the box it was completely unusable. My RC connected to the drone without issue but the DJI Go 4 would crash the instant I opened it up. Firmware update on both the RC and Drone seemed to fix this issue. So for now I'm happy.

How can I get map data to display on my Phantom 4 Pro+ Controller? I've set up my cellphone as a wifi hotspot connected the RC to the Phone, so the RC should have Internet access via my phone or via my home Wifi when I'm at home. But for some reason the map screen in DJI Go 4 is completely blank. Am I missing a step? Do I have to import the map data offline somehow? How do I get map data to display??

I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro+. Out of the box it was completely unusable. My RC connected to the drone without issue but the DJI Go 4 would crash the instant I opened it up. Firmware update on both the RC and Drone seemed to fix this issue. So for now I'm happy.

How can I get map data to display on my Phantom 4 Pro+ Controller? I've set up my cellphone as a wifi hotspot connected the RC to the Phone, so the RC should have Internet access via my phone or via my home Wifi when I'm at home. But for some reason the map screen in DJI Go 4 is completely blank. Am I missing a step? Do I have to import the map data offline somehow? How do I get map data to display??
excuse me for thinking you might be as computer stupid as me!
its not enough to see your wifi adress on your controler, you have to put in your password and see "connected". also you need to have your phone outside with you when flying.
there should be a small map, bothom left, touch it and it gets big.
if that dont work, i re updated my firmware to the 602 that everybody complains about and "refreshed" it 2 times.

Last edited:
Have you downloaded the map for your area? If this is your first boot update even after updating then you need to download your map area. I didn't read in tour post if you previously downloaded the map and it was working. If you already downloaded your map and the missing map issue is result of you updating firmware then do a RC reset in setting and maps should reappear. Before you do this check your map downloads to see if you have maps downloaded already. Resetting your RC will fix the map issue. And you don't need to be connected at all when flying your AC in order to see maps.

I had the same thing plus no audio output from the RC speaker after the last upgrade, downgraded back to the previous rev and all was good again. Try pinch zooming out on the map when the map is full screen, if you see land contour but no data except maybe 1 Chinese word in the middle that is your issue and you can downgrade to get things working properly.

Have you downloaded the map for your area? If this is your first boot update even after updating then you need to download your map area. I didn't read in tour post if you previously downloaded the map and it was working. If you already downloaded your map and the missing map issue is result of you updating firmware then do a RC reset in setting and maps should reappear. Before you do this check your map downloads to see if you have maps downloaded already. Resetting your RC will fix the map issue. And you don't need to be connected at all when flying your AC in order to see maps.

This is exactly what I'm missing I believe. Where do I go to download the maps? Is it through DJI Go 4 somewhere? I looked all over but I couldn't find it. Do I have to install DJI Assistant? I'm strictly a Linux user, so I'd have to boot to a Windows partition if that's the case, so was hoping to avoid doing that.

The plot thickens. I found the 'Download Offline Maps' option in my P4Pro+ remote control, but in my list of cities I see nothing but asian sounding cities ... (likely China I'm guessing). I live in Canada. Maps of Chinese cities are of no use to me. Why am I only seeing Chinese cities available for download?

This seems to be a common glitch with the P4P+. Mine had it, too. The solution (as I've found elsewhere here, I believe!) is to go into Settings and do a reset. (Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset.)

This won't wipe out any of the built-in apps, but it will reset any log-ins you've done (to Facebook for streaming, for example).

Reactions: etr102
I appreciate the suggestions.

I had found another thread elsewhere suggesting exactly what jimheid said .. Factory Data Reset .. there was an option to also delete the contents of the SD card which I left unchecked because there was no SD card inserted. The good news is that this deleted all of those random Chinese towns out of my list of Offline Cities however when tried to bring up the list of offline maps, the RC would just hang on where it was trying to fetch the city list before eventually timing out and saying something to the effect of "Network Unavailable." Despite the fact that the RC had Internet access (as evidenced by the web browser working fine).

So I tried the Factory Data Reset for a second time. This time I checked the option to delete the SD Card contents. This factory reset took a little longer but once it came up, the Offline Cities list was properly populated. Additionally, the 'online' maps/satellite imagery works properly as well too when the RC has a persistent Internet connection.

So, as far as I can tell everything is working now. It just boggles my mind that DJI would sell a product that 'out of the box' is so broken/buggy that it's almost unusable. When I was googling the issue, I had found dozens of other people with the same problem and the common theme was them saying that they contacted DJI Support who in every case said they'd never heard of the problem, and were unable to help them. Just seems like a lack of quality control.

At any rate it's working for now. Thanks everybody.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers