Phantom 4 pro Low Noise Propellers

Reaction score
Just tested out my new Low Noise Phantom 4 Pro 9455S Propellers. I must say these LN propellers are what they claim to be, Low Noise, at 75 -100 feet above ground they are stealth at this attitude and near slient at 50-100 yards away in an open field. WOW, I purchased 2 pairs online at Best Buy, $22.53 total in stock.

Careful with these in any wind greater than 10 mph. They aren’t as stable as the originals. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I agree that the tone is different and a little less annoying and also that in some Breeze over 10 miles an hour it is a little less stable.

Careful with these in any wind greater than 10 mph. They aren’t as stable as the originals. Just my opinion.
I'm actually surprised to hear this, given the wider blades, I would have though the opposite. I Just got a set, but haven't tried them yet.

All I can say is WOW, I guess I have sensitive hearing. I have both a P4 Pro and P4 Pro Vr 2.0. I really really wish the new props made much of a difference, net. to me they don't. I have only made 10 or 15 local flights no long out distance due to heat and conditions here. The new props on the P4 Pro removed the annoying whine the P4 Pro has always had, but at 400 feet I could clearly hear it and any movement, forwards, aft, etc, even louder. Landing or descending where the newer props bit into the air, very very noisy.

After flying the Pr 4 Pro vr 2, with the new props at first I thought there was a difference, but once you realize all that is different is no high pitch whine, it's not that great a difference. I have watched videos where they show 3 to 4 db difference and I realize that instruments don't lie, but to my ears the P4 is just loud. Flying in a populated area, it's going to draw a crowd.

Yesterday after watching a few new videos, I tried again, on a totally clam day. Still at 400 feet up directly overhead, quite noticeable, and then about 400 feet up and 400 feet out it started to become less noticeable. However once you started to fly it around where the props bite, again very noticeable.

After all of this, I flew the MPP, and at 150 feet and 200 feet out, you have to really try to hear it. Just a huge difference. My wish is for the MPP with 20MP, but looks like that is a few years off still.

Noise is a unique issue to everyone, however my goal is not to be noticed and or draw a crowd and I had hoped to see the same improvement the MPP had over the MP, with the P4 Pro Vr.2.over the P4 Pro, but I just don't hear it, and the Vr2.0 currently has issues with stability while hovering. Lots of drift still, where as my P4 Pro is rock solid.

Paul C

Reactions: lmmavrick
The 9455's I got sure took to the dye, soaked it up good except the black made the props look dark blue in the sun

After flying the Pr 4 Pro vr 2, with the new props at first I thought there was a difference, but once you realize all that is different is no high pitch whine, it's not that great a difference. I have watched videos where they show 3 to 4 db difference and I realize that instruments don't lie, but to my ears the P4 is just loud. Flying in a populated area, it's going to draw a crowd.

Yeah, I gotta say that calling the new props 'stealth' and inaudible at 50' (or even several hundred feet) is extreme hyperbole. I don't know why people would report this other than perhaps as a pretty good example of confirmation bias. I'm not going to argue with anyone, only noting this so people's expectations are reasonable when ordering these.

Last edited:
Same with me. Lower noise but it is still noise. I can hear it definitely much more than 100m away. But maybe more pleasant to my ears.
About stability can't say anything, it seems equal to me. Original are both as both is made by DJI. As I used the new blades only twice I can say something about the stability later maybe.
But the shape of the windmill blades is more alike to the shape of old Phantom blades. I think, as all windmills I've seen have the same shape blades, there must be an important reason for it.

I agree with a few other posters . not stealth props just different . i think some people should go in and get the ears checked or new batteries for their hearing aids

I swear I am getting less flight time with the new propellers.It seems towards end of flight I really notice.I have been flying DJI for over two years and always came back with batteries where I expected them to be at.With new propellers when I start home I seem to use more than expected.It is not working with the return to home yellow dot.Normally when returning your time increases as you get closer, with new propellers I am getting back with just enought battery.I fly everyday and I'm sure I am not going to keep using the new propellers.I had master air screw on my p3.I am switching both my P4s to master screw.I don't trust the clips design and I think these new Dji propellers are overrated.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
So far the reports on the new props seem to indicate that they definitely are either much quieter, or about the same, or that they are more stable, or less stable, or that they increase range, or decrease range.

The truth is out there... :)

I swear I am getting less flight time with the new propellers.It seems towards end of flight I really notice.I have been flying DJI for over two years and always came back with batteries where I expected them to be at.With new propellers when I start home I seem to use more than expected.It is not working with the return to home yellow dot.Normally when returning your time increases as you get closer, with new propellers I am getting back with just enought battery.I fly everyday and I'm sure I am not going to keep using the new propellers.I had master air screw on my p3.I am switching both my P4s to master screw.I don't trust the clips design and I think these new Dji propellers are overrated.
Your not the only one with less flight time on the new props . i'm down by at least 3 mins to 5 mins less . gong back to the stock props as the new noise props just don't cut the mustard

Your not the only one with less flight time on the new props . i'm down by at least 3 mins to 5 mins less . gong back to the stock props as the new noise props just don't cut the mustard
You need only look at the effect of fitting a higher pitch prop to an outboard on a boat to see what’s happening here. The boat will have lower RPM at cruise speed however acceleration is reduced as is the rev range. In most cases WOT revs will be significantly lower than that attainable with the standard propellor. Fuel consumption will also be less with the higher pitch propellor fitted.

Reactions: offroadpyro
For me I like the lower tone I'm keeping them

You need only look at the effect of fitting a higher pitch prop to an outboard on a boat to see what’s happening here. The boat will have lower RPM at cruise speed however acceleration is reduced as is the rev range. In most cases WOT revs will be significantly lower than that attainable with the standard propellor. Fuel consumption will also be less with the higher pitch propellor fitted. .
yes much less run time . this is in response to those that say just the opposite about the new props

Last edited:
Reactions: offroadpyro
So far the reports on the new props seem to indicate that they definitely are either much quieter, or about the same, or that they are more stable, or less stable, or that they increase range, or decrease range.

The truth is out there... :)
Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20