Phantom 4 Pro + lost control in cold weather

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of a Phantom 4 Pro + and have only flown it 4 times. It gets cold in MT so flew it yesterday at 12*F with freshly charged battery for the drone and controller. Everything worked fine for the first 10 minutes or so and then when I received a low battery warning it wouldn't respond to the controls on the controller. I was able to get it down to within reach, grabbed one of the bars, and shut it down. Suggestions??

I'm a new owner of a Phantom 4 Pro + and have only flown it 4 times. It gets cold in MT so flew it yesterday at 12*F with freshly charged battery for the drone and controller. Everything worked fine for the first 10 minutes or so and then when I received a low battery warning it wouldn't respond to the controls on the controller. I was able to get it down to within reach, grabbed one of the bars, and shut it down. Suggestions??
Keep your battery at room temp.

Not sure I understand. You said it wouldn't respond to commands but you flew it to within reach and did a shutdown?

Not sure I understand. You said it wouldn't respond to commands but you flew it to within reach and did a shutdown?
When I held the left stick down it started to come down but as soon as I released it, it zoomed back up to 100'-it wouldn't hover. The right stick was not operating properly either. So, by hiking through the snow I was able to hold the left stick down until I could reach it and then powered off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen