Phantom 4 Pro Gimbal Twitch

Reaction score
I have owned my Phantom 4 Pro since January 09. Additionally, I have installed the January 11 firmware update and re-calibrated the IMU, Compass, RC Controller, Re-Bind the RC Controller, and Gimbal on level surface away from any interference.

In almost all of the video clips I have accumulated they seem to be spoiled by what I believe is a random, horizontal "twitch" in the gimbal. Below is the URL to an example. Random horizontal motion can be seen about midway through the 6 second clip.

I would very much appreciate the thoughts of this forum if this is normal or should the aircraft be returned for another try?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If the gimbal is free from obstruction and you are sure it is not blocked by anything at startup, this is unacceptable. Send it back.

Wow! That's severe. I also vote for send it back for an exchange. Better luck with next one.

Luckily, I bought mine out of Best Buy and they got first two of mine back for issues related to the camera (Slanted focus.). DJI QC is really spotty and I'd be curious as to what their return rate is.

Fwiw, one of mine acted odd with the gimbal on a firmware update notice I got. I repeated the firmware install and it quit. It was doing an up-down dance, like triggering C1 over and over, and not everywhere like yours. Might be worth a shot while you wait for DJI to respond.

I also purchased mine at Best Buy. So yes, and easy return. What is complicating returning is that I also purchase DJI Refresh on-line from DJI since that is not available at BestBuy. I am uncertain how to transfer the DJI Refresh from the old to the new aircraft. Thoughts?

Donald Barar

I also purchased mine at Best Buy. So yes, and easy return. What is complicating returning is that I also purchase DJI Refresh on-line from DJI since that is not available at BestBuy. I am uncertain how to transfer the DJI Refresh from the old to the new aircraft. Thoughts?

Donald Barar
Good question.

On my second bum one, I contacted DJI and they said it had to go into them. I was hesitant to take another one into B.B. for exchange (Like a bad habit was forming.), but did it anyway rather than wait and go through with the RMA and maybe get a refurb unit for my troubles. Don't know how and if they can transfer the Refresh policy. Might ask on their forum and see what the mods say about transferring it.

Good luck.

Good question.

On my second bum one, I contacted DJI and they said it had to go into them. I was hesitant to take another one into B.B. for exchange (Like a bad habit was forming.), but did it anyway rather than wait and go through with the RMA and maybe get a refurb unit for my troubles. Don't know how and if they can transfer the Refresh policy. Might ask on their forum and see what the mods say about transferring it.

Good luck.
I spoke with Angie, Technical Support in Carson, CA. She said I need to send an eMail to support with the old and then the new serial number to DJI refresh transferred to the new aircraft.

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers