Phantom 4 Pro Gimbal Protection

Reaction score
Greetings,
I've had a few P4P and the DJI original clear plastic Gimbal / Lens cover seems to look for a reason to break (near the leg clips), never been a fan. One of my 2nd hand P4P came with a smaller soft/black plastic cover which was much better - can anyone point me to a UK supplier? I've had a look around on Ebay/Amazon but don't seem to be finding anything.

TIA, Adam

Greetings,
I've had a few P4P and the DJI original clear plastic Gimbal / Lens cover seems to look for a reason to break (near the leg clips), never been a fan. One of my 2nd hand P4P came with a smaller soft/black plastic cover which was much better - can anyone point me to a UK supplier? I've had a look around on Ebay/Amazon but don't seem to be finding anything.

TIA, Adam

Greetings,

TIA, Adam
I concur. After replacing the gimbal lock THREE TIMES I finally gave up. Now only one side of the clamp works and I don't care. And yeah...it breaks in the same place every time for apparently no reason. It's a real piece of crap.

D

I use the one by PGYtech available on eBay. Black soft clip on type. Works well. Have used on several (P4P only)

I use the one by PGYtech available on eBay. Black soft clip on type. Works well. Have used on several (P4P only)
1623529471457.png

What gives?

D

Maybe this will work for you.

As you can see from my screen shot, this item doesn't show up in US results - even though my eBay settings are set to world-wide. Interesting.

Thanx for the link.

D

Even though I no longer use the original clear plastic unit, I did use a file to widen the opening of the clip-on area and tapered it as well. Smooth it with sandpaper when you're done. File more if it still feels tight. It should go on with a mild snap and not a fight. Poor design by DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj