Phantom 4 Pro Crash

Reaction score
I had recently bought a 4 pro and was getting an esc error. I'd read somewhere to go back to the previous version of code. After doing this I took it out for a test flight, mostly hovered at low altitude. Moved about a 100' and was hovering at at 20' for a minute or so. As soon as I touched the stick to lower it it flipped upside down and drove in the concrete :- ( I need guidance on how to get this repaired. Is this something DJI will help with??

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
I had recently bought a 4 pro and was getting an esc error. I'd read somewhere to go back to the previous version of code. After doing this I took it out for a test flight, mostly hovered at low altitude. Moved about a 100' and was hovering at at 20' for a minute or so. As soon as I touched the stick to lower it it flipped upside down and drove in the concrete :- ( I need guidance on how to get this repaired. Is this something DJI will help with??
Personally I would not have flown with an ESC error unless I figured out exactly what was going on and also knew that it got fixed. ESC stands for Electronic Speed Control) It is the unit that takes the control input from the FC (Flight Controller) and sends the correct signals to the motors. A faulty ESC can easily cause any craft to flip or fly uncontrollably if it fails in flight and the motors are left without accurate speed control.

The flight logs from the crash flight would help greatly in determining the root cause. You can upload them here for one of the experts to examine.

If it is still under warranty and it was strictly a hardware/firmware then DJI would most likely repair it for free. Once it is out of warranty, the repair would be billable to you no matter what the issue or fault was. You could send it directly back to DJI and they would give you an estimate for the repair before doing anything. I have heard that lately it is taking them a long time to do repairs.

Alternatively you could use an authorized repair shop. One I have done business with is a sponsor here on the forums. Look up DJI Drone Service in NJ. They also do free estimates.

DJI denied my same issue two years ago. They said it was pilot error and hard landing. Hope they treat you differently but I'll never send anything to DJI again even if under warranty!!

did you recalibrate EVERYTHING! I do it periodically anyway, sticks, gimble, sensors, etc, need to be re-calibrated periodically just a good measure! just like a computer needs to be looked after,

did you recalibrate EVERYTHING! I do it periodically anyway, sticks, gimble, sensors, etc, need to be re-calibrated periodically just a good measure! just like a computer needs to be looked after,
What makes you think that everything should be recalibrated?
If work properly don't know why to do that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj