Phantom 4 Pro Cleaning Instructions

Reaction score
Greetings from Greece everyone! My wife recently get me a Phantom 4 Pro for present after an upgrade from Tarantula X6! It's a great flyer and I'm really excited! First flight was near a lake and the feeling of flying such a bird was fantastic if you compare it with Tarantula X6 which is a toy grade drone (also good for this category). I need your help, after flying I tried to clean the drone from some bugs with a baby wipe towels. Also I tried this on the phone holder foam area and after that I saw something like peeling off or small "cracks" on the foam especially on the corner area. There is a photo below...Maybe it was there from the first time and I didn't cause it with the baby wipe towels. Maybe I didn't noticed from the first time. Do you have the same thing on the corners of the phone holder foam? Can I use wipe towels or the foam is going to peel off in the future? Thank you in advance! Keep flying...!

Attachments

• 20170518_100700.jpg
    20170518_100700.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 463
Greetings from Greece everyone! My wife recently get me a Phantom 4 Pro for present after an upgrade from Tarantula X6! It's a great flyer and I'm really excited! First flight was near a lake and the feeling of flying such a bird was fantastic if you compare it with Tarantula X6 which is a toy grade drone (also good for this category). I need your help, after flying I tried to clean the drone from some bugs with a baby wipe towels. Also I tried this on the phone holder foam area and after that I saw something like peeling off or small "cracks" on the foam especially on the corner area. There is a photo below...Maybe it was there from the first time and I didn't cause it with the baby wipe towels. Maybe I didn't noticed from the first time. Do you have the same thing on the corners of the phone holder foam? Can I use wipe towels or the foam is going to peel off in the future? Thank you in advance! Keep flying...!
Not even sure what your asking about tbo. That pic looks normal as can be to me. I clean with a touch of Windex on the bird itself. Never had to clean the controller yet. Had mine since last Nov.

Reactions: GUSPMETAL
To me it looks like normal compression of the material from the phone being held in place.
Thank you for your quick reply! I thought that I caused a corruption or something on the foam material. Propably this is the way it looks after compression. Thank you for your useful advise! Keep flying mate...!

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Not even sure what your asking about tbo. That pic looks normal as can be to me. I clean with a touch of Windex on the bird itself. Never had to clean the controller yet. Had mine since last Nov.
Thanks mate! I've just worried about the wet towel I used. I thought that this maybe is dangerous for the foam material of the holder. Thank you for your time and your advice! Take care!

Reactions: KevMo Photog
If you are concerned the best thing to wipe these types of items is a cloth with mild dish soap and water. There's almost nothing that is hurt by dish soap and water solution on a cloth.

Reactions: GUSPMETAL
If you are concerned the best thing to wipe these types of items is a cloth with mild dish soap and water. There's almost nothing that is hurt by dish soap and water solution on a cloth.
Thank you for your advice my friend! Some of these wet towels contain alcohol so this solution is the best. Thanks for your time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20