Phantom 4 pro camera stop working

Reaction score
Did a real estate shoot today.....and had to bring the p4p down at least 3 times. I would take like 6 pics, then the camera would jus stop working. Navigated back to home point.... restart the p4p and would work ..... took 7 more pics.... cut out again.

Anyone one else experiencing this???[emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Scandisk extreme plus..... you think the sd card would cause the camera to go out and have to land restart the phantom?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hmm.. I just experienced a similar problem today too! I'm using a Samsung 32gb Micro SD card. Scary as the video transmission freezes, had to bring the drone back visually from about 200 meters away at dusk (not ideal). Happened with both DJI Go 4 on an Ipad Pro and Galaxy Note 5. I'll see if using a different SD card eliminates the problem.

Anyway, here's the HDR Pano I was recording earlier in the flight. First HDR pano with the new drone -- I'm pretty happy with the camera quality so far.

20161208--11-HDR-Pano.jpg

Hmm.. I just experienced a similar problem today too! I'm using a Samsung 32gb Micro SD card. Scary as the video transmission freezes, had to bring the drone back visually from about 200 meters away at dusk (not ideal). Happened with both DJI Go 4 on an Ipad Pro and Galaxy Note 5. I'll see if using a different SD card eliminates the problem.

Anyway, here's the HDR Pano I was recording earlier in the flight. First HDR pano with the new drone -- I'm pretty happy with the camera quality so far.

View attachment 70331
That's beautiful. How many shots was that?

View attachment 70331
Nice photo Andrei. Did you use HDR or AEB?

It's a panorama stitched together from 2 HDR images, each image assembled from a 5-shot raw AEB. (Well, actually one of the HDR images was only done using 3 shots, as the -0.7 and +0.7 shots wouldn't blend well for some reason).

All processing was done in lightroom.

Reactions: SmurfN
Andrei V, can you elaborate more on how you took that picture. I think it looks fantastic!

I have had strange issues with my Phantom 4 Pro. The drone flies perfectly but after taking a few photos, the DJI Go 4 sort of freezes: I can't change camera settings anymore or switch from video to photo. The camera just stops working. Was your problem a similar one? Did the firmware update fix the problem?

I don't have any computers near me for the rest of the week so I can't try the new firmware for the RC. I'll try reinstalling the Go 4 app on the ipad and deinstalling the old DJI Go app (this app was completely closed though). Restarting DJI Go 4 during flight didn't help either.

Markus

I had this and new firmware fixed it for the most part. I still get a freeze, then a couple of second dropout with black-and-white still but then the camera returns to normal.

mygimbal would not change angle after I took off.
landed amd moved the camera up and down
and it worked fine after that.

Thanks for your input J.T. & Dirby. I deleted DJI Go and re-installed DJI Go 4. The app still crashes during every single flight. It stops recording after a few minutes and camera settings freeze. I need to upgrade the firmware as soon as I'm close to a computer.

Never happened with the Phantom 3 Pro or Phantom 4. I hope it's not a hardware failure.

Best wishes,
Markus

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik