Phantom 4 pro + camera design

Reaction score
Photo 1. The design of the camera is strange - the board with the sensor (1) is not connected to the lens with screws. The body of the front lens (3) is connected by two screws to the main mechanism (2). Three screws hold the moving lens part (2a) to the lens body (2).
Photo 2. The sensor board is on three plastic pins. Four metal screws hold only the infrared filter above the sensor, nothing else! Don't touch it, there will be less dust on the sensor.
Photo 3. Focusing is fixed by a gap, indicated by an arrow. The gap must be constant around the entire perimeter. If poured with elastic glue, the focus will not change. In the photo, the rubber bands hold the assembly while the glue dries.

Attachments

• Photo1.JPG
    Photo1.JPG
    973.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo2.JPG
    Photo2.JPG
    956.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo3.JPG
    Photo3.JPG
    602 KB · Views: 93
I inserted 4 plates 0.4 mm thick into the gap. Use scissors to cut a plastic card, or an aluminum can. Without an equal gap, focus cannot be obtained.

Attachments

• DJI_0016.JPG
    DJI_0016.JPG
    523.1 KB · Views: 90
the board with the sensor (1) is not connected to the lens with screws

AFAIK these 4 inner screws are the ones used to achieve focus. A repair technician mentioned me about that, though he was referring to a situation where one corner of the photo was blurred. Maybe you tightened the focus control screws like normal screws.

The sensor board is on three plastic pins.
I always thought these are rubber separators which keep the distance when screws are not completely tightened. Though I never disassembled that.

Four metal screws hold only the infrared filter above the sensor, nothing else!
You refer to the inner screws again, or to the outer missing ones? I'm pretty sure the outer ones are there only to keep everything attached to the aluminum cover.

Anyway, you should find the O-Gs Mattermost chat, and ask there. This is where all repair technicians are, here you will find just a collection of average drone users.

Photo 1. The design of the camera is strange - the board with the sensor (1) is not connected to the lens with screws. The body of the front lens (3) is connected by two screws to the main mechanism (2). Three screws hold the moving lens part (2a) to the lens body (2).
Photo 2. The sensor board is on three plastic pins. Four metal screws hold only the infrared filter above the sensor, nothing else! Don't touch it, there will be less dust on the sensor.
Photo 3. Focusing is fixed by a gap, indicated by an arrow. The gap must be constant around the entire perimeter. If poured with elastic glue, the focus will not change. In the photo, the rubber bands hold the assembly while the glue dries.
??????????

Reactions: JeffreyS
I inserted 4 plates 0.4 mm thick into the gap. Use scissors to cut a plastic card, or an aluminum can. Without an equal gap, focus cannot be obtained.
Haw big is that target and how close can you get to it for the test?

Haw big is that target and how close can you get to it for the test?
0.4mm +/-0.1. Inserted plates 0.4 and double - 0.8 mm. 0.8 is not good. We should try 0.3 mm. Metal screws don't focus anything! On the other hand they keep an IR filter.

I meant how large is this target you shot to test the focus?

Attachments

• D8A0D76D-C32F-4064-BA22-DC0E3E80710E.jpeg
    D8A0D76D-C32F-4064-BA22-DC0E3E80710E.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 62
Я имел в виду, насколько велика эта цель, которую вы сняли, чтобы проверить фокусировку?
А4 from 1 m. It is necessary that the focus was at infinity. Therefore, one test is not enough. Much depends on the aperture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues