Phantom 4 Pro Blackbox

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just wondering what information can be found within the internal blackbox that saves/logs your lights. Is there an example out there?

My Phantom 4 Pro crashed mysteriously and I want to read the log files.

I did not find any thread regarding this. Sorry if this is a double post.

I'm just wondering what information can be found within the internal blackbox that saves/logs your lights. Is there an example out there?
My Phantom 4 Pro crashed mysteriously and I want to read the log files.
There are two places that flight data gets recorded.
The app saves a flight data record as a .txt file.
To see it, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

If there was no signal back to the controller, to show what went wrong, there is also a .dat file recorded in the Phantom itself.
To get that you have to connect the aircraft to a computer, power it up and through the app, put it into flight data mode.
That allows you to extract the .dat file which you can upload to dropbox or similar..
Some members are good at analysing these records.

Thanks for the answer. My phantom has already been sent in to DJI therefore I have no access to the information. Therefore I am wondering what kind of information is stored within these two log files. Do you have some examples?

Thanks for the answer. My phantom has already been sent in to DJI therefore I have no access to the information. Therefore I am wondering what kind of information is stored within these two log files. Do you have some examples?
Here's a short one from the app: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
There is a lot more info in the spreadsheet that you get when you click the Download CSV link.

The DAT file inside the craft contains a TON of info. Probably 10x more than the txt log from the controller. It knows stick inputs, drone height, motor speed, drive speed, battery and signal info, event logs regarding all sensor data etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik