Phantom 4 pro + auto landed into the River Thames!!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Today was terrible! I was flying absolutely fine, until I lost signal. I waited for the RTH function to bring the P4+ home and regain the video transmittion. It worked, but then suddenly before I could regain manual control the drone began decending into the auto land!? At this point it was hovering over the Thames and I had lost signal.

The last co-ordinates were in the river whilst it was auto landing!

FLIGHT DATA LINK - Dropbox - FLY050.DAT%4017-07-07_03-00-19-467

So my question is how / why did it auto land instead of RTH? If it's a technical malfunction will my warranty give me a replacement? It should have never auto landed, it had around 90% battery.

The flight data has been uploaded for anyone who wants to have a look.

Devastated, I hope DJI support can offer me a replacement for my auto landing drone.

Thanks for any help advice

Luq

Hi all,

Today was terrible! I was flying absolutely fine, until I lost signal. I waited for the RTH function to bring the P4+ home and regain the video transmittion. It worked, but then suddenly before I could regain manual control the drone began decending into the auto land!? At this point it was hovering over the Thames and I had lost signal.

The last co-ordinates were in the river whilst it was auto landing!

FLIGHT DATA LINK - Dropbox - FLY050.DAT%4017-07-07_03-00-19-467

So my question is how / why did it auto land instead of RTH? If it's a technical malfunction will my warranty give me a replacement? It should have never auto landed, it had around 90% battery.

The flight data has been uploaded for anyone who wants to have a look.

Devastated, I hope DJI support can offer me a replacement for my auto landing drone.

Thanks for any help advice

Luq

I can't read your file. where were you flying? Did you enter a no fly zone? Upstream from Erith is restricted. As a bit of an aside, the whole tidal Thames estuary falls under the Port of London Authority and they are very unfriendly towards photographers and drones in general. They insist that the Thames is classed as a congested area so shouldn't be flown over without permission - which of course they charge a small fortune for.

Sorry for your loss. Where about by the Thames was you? Only asking as I flew there myself last week (by the cutty sark) and had no problems with auto land.

Sorry for your loss. Where about by the Thames was you? Only asking as I flew there myself last week (by the cutty sark) and had no problems with auto land.
I'm surprised you managed to take off as you really shouldn't be flying there - you are in controlled/restricted airspace - check the maps

Home

Never had a problem taking off. I get the restricted air space message so I make sure I fly around 80 meters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav