Phantom 4 Pro 4K Flight Modes

Laz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for some information about the phantom 4 pro, as I am looking to up grade from the Mavic to the 4 Pro, also I'm investing towards shooting everything at 4K 60fps for optional slow-mo shots. I have read from a review that while in a flight mode, either tap to fly, or corse lock, etc..., the image quality jumps automatically to 4K 30fps, when earlier you had it on 4K 60fps. Is it possible to shoot 4K 60fps in flight modes?

It's important to know that although DJI "claims" to support for HD resolutions, you may experience glitches recording with 4096X2160 when viewing your SD playback. It's best to stick with 3860X2160.

HD spec from DJI:

4096×2160(4096×2160 24/25/30/48/50p)
3840×2160(3840×2160 24/25/30/48/50/60p)

Reactions: Laz
It's important to know that although DJI "claims" to support for HD resolutions, you may experience glitches recording with 4096X2160 when viewing your SD playback. It's best to stick with 3860X2160.

HD spec from DJI:

4096×2160(4096×2160 24/25/30/48/50p)
3840×2160(3840×2160 24/25/30/48/50/60p)

Would a fast SD card solve the glitch? I guessing you mean the picture smoothness, because I get that on the Mavic, for some reason even tho I use a SanDisk Extreme PRO XC on 4K 30fps I still see the video glitching/choppiness when viewing it back.

I just asked DJI, they confirmed that you can shoot 4K 60FPS in intelligent flight modes.

Thanks for the update, just because I read this on an Amazon review from a guy that already owns one:

"I've knocked my review down to three stars. With experience of use, I'm losing my favourable opinion of this drone. As a flying camera, it's proving to be a nightmare. Sure, the drone offers wonderful automatic flying modes, but it reverts the most important camera settings you've input when you change flying mode!! I had my machine set to RAW+JPEG and AV mode at f8 for still photography, but the minute I use, for example, point of interest or active track flying, it reverts to auto with JPEG only. Similarly, with video set to HD at 60 fps, any move away from manual flying control to an automated setting reverts my movie choice to 4K at 30 fps, which I don't want and can't handle with my editing software. DJI, you need to pay urgent attention to this situation: either you're selling a device for aerial photography, or a flying machine for boy racers. If you want to keep the photography market, for heaven's sake get to work on the camera settings firmware and software so the P4P+ works like a normal camera and retains its settings unless they're actively changed!"

Would a fast SD card solve the glitch? I guessing you mean the picture smoothness, because I get that on the Mavic, for some reason even tho I use a SanDisk Extreme PRO XC on 4K 30fps I still see the video glitching/choppiness when viewing it back.
If it's like that viewing it on your computer, it may just be your computer is not powerful enough.

If it's like that viewing it on your computer, it may just be your computer is not powerful enough.

I don't think its the computer as I'm running it on the full spec MacBook Pro 2017, but I see this on other people's video, I know for a fact when the youtube vlogger Casey Neistat takes his Mavic on trips with him, you can also see on his videos. This is what I'm hoping to over come with the Phantom 4 Pro once I purchase it. A bit later I might upload a video of my Mavic showing signs of glitching/choppiness while looking downwards where it's really noticeable.

Card speed isn't the problem. The camera design is the problem. Glitches will occur in 4096x2160, almost any FPS. It's best to stick with 3840x2160, which is the HD standard aspect ratio for TV.

Reactions: Laz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4