Phantom 4 Picture Reviews

Reaction score
Hi guys I've only been part of the phantom family for about a month. I have been watching tons of tutorials on colour grading and which are the best settings.. just wondered if I and an other newbies could post pictures in here with settings and get any advice of the more knowledgeable people on the forum :D these pictures were shot as flat as possible of the cost of Cornwall (UK) and I colour graded them in lightroom.. is there any way I can get better quality images (clearer/sharper) feedback appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• 1461867633681.jpg
    1461867633681.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 1461867646006.jpg
    1461867646006.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 434
You will never get good pictures by using the PHOTO camera. The trick (kept secret by many) is to get the best VIDEO footage (since 2K is 2MP, 4K is 8MP and photo sensor is only 12MP - not enough for good photos especially with this camera) and freeze frame what you like, use SNIP-IT and save the picture. Massage whatever color/hue/chroma/luminace want after that as a regular picture. Try it and see.

You will never get good pictures by using the PHOTO camera. The trick (kept secret by many) is to get the best VIDEO footage (since 2K is 2MP, 4K is 8MP and photo sensor is only 12MP - not enough for good photos especially with this camera) and freeze frame what you like, use SNIP-IT and save the picture. Massage whatever color/hue/chroma/luminace want after that as a regular picture. Try it and see.

Really? would love to see output from this process and compared with a still image. Do you have any?

@Phantom4Ryan I tend to shoot in RAW mode, ensure the Phantom is perfectly still i.e. let it settle if you have just rotated or moved. For processing Lightrooms sharpen filters are fine but google it and learn the use of the Alt keys to visualise the mask and other attributes so that you more selectively sharpen the image. But to be honest I use Photoshop to sharpen most of mine if I want to spend the time on it.

Your statement confuses me, "(since 2K is 2MP, 4K is 8MP and photo sensor is only 12MP - not enough for good photos especially with this camera)", wouldn't 12MP be better than 2MP or 8MP for that matter when it comes to pixel count and image detail? I'm not sure why you think lower is better.

Nonsense.

Hi guys I've only been part of the phantom family for about a month. I have been watching tons of tutorials on colour grading and which are the best settings.. just wondered if I and an other newbies could post pictures in here with settings and get any advice of the more knowledgeable people on the forum :D these pictures were shot as flat as possible of the cost of Cornwall (UK) and I colour graded them in lightroom.. is there any way I can get better quality images (clearer/sharper) feedback appreciated! Thanks

Beautiful photos of our lovely Cornwall mate [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20