Phantom 4 Package Must Haves?

Reaction score
Working on management to convince them that a P4 is in the budget....ok don't laugh too hard.

So have been looking online and there are bunches of bundle packages and I have no idea what is really the best way to go to start out. So help a newbie out and give me an idea on what should be a good sound bundle to go for? How many batteries does a guy really need to start? I want to take it with me on travel so some carry case is needed. Etc Etc

Thanks in advance.

DJI and most authorized DJI dealers are now selling the Phantom for $1,299 with an extra battery. The usual price is $1,399 with one battery. So, now is a great time to buy. DJI has not indicated how long this deal will be available.

If you compare the package deals, you'll see you often don't save much money over buying the Phantom and extra accessories separately. Also, some packages come with extras that you will probably never use.

The number of batteries you need really depends on your use case. You'll need about 3 batteries to fly for an hour non-stop. So, consider how long you normally plan to fly and purchase the appropriate number of batteries.

DJI and most authorized DJI dealers are now selling the Phantom for $1,299 with an extra battery. The usual price is $1,399 with one battery. So, now is a great time to buy. DJI has not indicated how long this deal will be available.

If you compare the package deals, you'll see you often don't save much money over buying the Phantom and extra accessories separately. Also, some packages come with extras that you will probably never use.

The number of batteries you need really depends on your use case. You'll need about 3 batteries to fly for an hour non-stop. So, consider how long you normally plan to fly and purchase the appropriate number of batteries.
This is what really drove my post in the first place. Packages "sound" nice but thinking back on my old SLR days. They had all these packages filled with lenses and cleaning supplies I had no use for.

Mike I sent you a email.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: StefanL
Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Either for $1,320.50 with coupon code PHANTOMPILOTS and Free Shipping for US orders
Nice deal. Are you an authorized DJI dealer?

All of my DJI products ship direct to you from my distributor Drone Nerds and are fully covered by DJIs warranty.

Mike

So, Amazon has the P4 w/free battery for 1179 (sold and ships via Amazon, not 3rd party) - I get my local computer store to price match and they do this by reducing the p4 to 1029 and I'm supposed to pay full price on the battery. I go to checkout and don't buy the battery: so, I now have a US warrantied P4 for 1029+6% mi sales tax ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

By the way: how many batteries needed?

Do you fly in approx 20-25 min increments? Buy as many batteries as you need to meet that number up to 4 (at that point you're at the next level, below)

Or, buy 5 total and a charger that will charge up to three at once. It takes 80 mins to charge from <15% to 100% so by the time you fly thru four batteries, you'll be on your fifth when the first one finishes charging and you can fly endlessly as you keep charging each prior battery, 3 at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Drestin Black
I find that by the time I get to the third battery I get "drone cocky" and I start making mistakes. Can also lead to fatigue. It takes a lot of concentration to control your Phantom well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mike_Flys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers