Phantom 4 Operation Temperature

Reaction score
Hi there,

First of all, sorry for my bad english ;).

Question, what is the Best Operation Temperature (In Celsius) for the Panthom 4 Drone, because 2 Days ago it was at 55 Celsius, no the App didnt give a warning or something, but i would like to know where the safe Temp is in Operation while flying.

At the moment i am Chatting with the DJI Support, and well, he text me something like "Not over 40Celsius", but i told him in Operation, i think he dont understand me at least, now he text "oh i was wrong it was for Charging" (Sherlock²).

So can u guys Tell me, What is the Safe Temperature of the Battery while Operating the Drone (Max Temp) to be still in the safe zone.

Ty guys.

I'd be very hesitant to fly in 55 degree heat... The mainboard and motors also need cooling, and I doubt they'd get it in that air temp. Not to mention the manual specifically states NOT to fly in temperatures exceeding 50 degrees due to risk of fire or explosion.

40 degrees is recommended max safe ambient temp while flying, not battery temp. My batteries tend to get to 60-70 degrees in 35+ degree days.

Reactions: Fenrir
yes, the Battrie Temp while flying is my question, you say 60-70 degrees, so its still in the normal zone when i fly with 55 degress batterie temp... right?

If you fly like a grandma and manage to keep it under 70 degrees in that heat then the battery should be fine. What you can't see is the temperature of the CPU and the radios. They will NOT be liking the ambient temperature, plus the heat soak from the battery coming in from the other side.

If you value the health of your aircraft, I'd wait for a 40 degree day. To put it another way, yes you can sit in your car, in neutral and rev it well into the redline for half an hour. It's probably not going to explode right then and there, but it's really not good for it...

Most critical part in the phantom assembly from the point of view of temperature is battery. DJI considered max ambient as 40 C while working out the internal safe battery temperatures.

If you are not flying aggressively, may be you can go up little more in the ambient temperature but as we don't know detailed design details and field results, it would be advisable to limit flying in ambients not exceeding 40C.

When you're flying in ambient air temperatures of 25 C to 30 C (and warmer), it's not uncommon for the battery temperature to exceed 50C. That's just the way it is. Batteries produce heat when they operate and the Phantom battery is enclosed and not well ventilated.

If you don't like a hot battery, try flying in the winter when the ambient air temperature is -30C.. Then, your battery won't get much above +25 C. (I've tried this) :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj