Phantom 4 on the scene of a huge fire!

Reaction score
Pretty gnarly fire in Everett Washington. I always have my stuff ready to fly at a moments notice!

28165cbb95610b6ae0c4f149cc430f2f.jpg
de9639e1483868480b9f76f097e6585d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where I live you can get in real trouble flying over a major incident such as fires.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tink
Did you see me flying "over" anything? No... Remember the guy that saved his house by using his drone to blow the flames out? I was trying to do that.

We had a brush fire over here and someone launched their drone to take video apparently but was interfering with the fire dept chopper. The local news made a big deal about it and all the haters had a field day. I think you may have been a little too late to put that one out...LOL!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tink
What brush fire? There was a pretty bad fire near me which shut down one side of the freeway. Definitely would have been cool to check it out but not at the cost of interfering with the firefighters and people potentially losing their homes

What brush fire? There was a pretty bad fire near me which shut down one side of the freeway. Definitely would have been cool to check it out but not at the cost of interfering with the firefighters and people potentially losing their homes

Come on people, for God sake, how is a small uav going to hinder fire fighters doing their job?
if a little phantom is going to interfere with fire fighters putting out flames then we are all in trouble! Don't fall for the nonsense they put out in the media.
They will blast that phantom out of the sky in a heart beat with their hoses, the heat from the fire will down the phantom, the chopper will tear it to pieces. And no I don't believe a phantom sized uav is going to bring down a helicopter or an airplane! Yes, yes, if all the planets are aligned correctly and the uav manages to hit the tail rotors, maybe, maybe!

The fire was up Waialae Iki a couple of weeks ago.

Come on people, for God sake, how is a small uav going to hinder fire fighters doing their job?
if a little phantom is going to interfere with fire fighters putting out flames then we are all in trouble! Don't fall for the nonsense they put out in the media.
They will blast that phantom out of the sky in a heart beat with their hoses, the heat from the fire will down the phantom, the chopper will tear it to pieces. And no I don't believe a phantom sized uav is going to bring down a helicopter or an airplane! Yes, yes, if all the planets are aligned correctly and the uav manages to hit the tail rotors, maybe, maybe!

I agree the odds are pretty slim that a Phantom could bring down a chopper but why even bring unwanted scrutiny to the hobby by flying in ongoing scene. To me it is more about not tarnishing the hobby any more than it already is.

Yeah this was a crappy old warehouse with nothing around. No choppers anywhere. I always have flight watch on my iPad to monitor in realtime activity and altitudes. It's a great app and is super accurate!

Reactions: Geeno

I assume if a bird hit went into the intake of a jet it stops the motor? Right? A drone could do the same... But the odds... It's way a long shot... I was at 280' and no way anything is flying that low!

I agree the odds are pretty slim that a Phantom could bring down a chopper but why even bring unwanted scrutiny to the hobby by flying in ongoing scene. To me it is more about not tarnishing the hobby any more than it already is.

Oh boy. Get real.

You see all the cars on the roadway I flew over? Hundreds of cars and people pulling over to view the fire... One lady is standing in the passenger seat of the convertible her hobby was driving and filming on the road! Lol.

The last thing that's going to cause a problem is my drone 280' feet away, and way far away from the action... Oh and I was over the ocean inlet.

No scrutiny. I sent the shots to the local news and they posted in on their website and said "photo from a local drone user". Lol. News wasn't worried about it!

Reactions: Geeno
Yeah this was a crappy old warehouse with nothing around. No choppers anywhere. I always have flight watch on my iPad to monitor in realtime activity and altitudes. It's a great app and is super accurate!

Cool, ill look into that ap to continue practice safe flying

Beware of local legislation. The video & photos may put you into trouble.

Beware of local legislation. The video & photos may put you into trouble.

Doesn't FAA regulation precede local and state legislation regarding the airspace?

Doesn't FAA regulation precede local and state legislation regarding the airspace?

Yes it does. And I didn't do anything illegal. Even if I did I just moved to Arizona. The fed would have to come pretty far to track me down. lol.

I was way far away, and over the ocean.

Reactions: jofus
I do not see any point to put your self into prosecution risk of any kind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik