Phantom 4 Object Avoidance

Nothing great about it at all it has things other drones already have. I think the go pro drone will be the next best thing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mikecorn1
Now, re run that 50 feet to the left - where the power lines are. If they can avoid those, then I will be impressed. Otherwise not so much.
From what I've seen in the videos, it will run right into things like nets and cables.

Lots of 'units' to be lost by flying camera operators relying on/expecting this feature to prevent all collisions.

Nothing great about it at all it has things other drones already have. I think the go pro drone will be the next best thing.

Are you just jealous or what, that would have been a catastrophic crash with ANY P3

Reactions: Cale262

Ummmm... which other drones ACTUALLY AVAILABLE TO BUY will do what the P4 can do, or will self-rescue as shown in the video? Not to say that it'll work 100% of the time, but a P3, or any other drone on the market would IMHO have never been seen again.

Even a 50% success rate will bring a lot of drones home that otherwise would have been eaten by trees or CFIT.

There's a lot of other demo videos out of what people claim their drones will do, but IMHO DJI is the only one shipping the working features.

GoPro certainly MAY come up with something good, but till we've actually seen one, it's awfully premature to declare them the new winner. It's a long way from saying 'we'll make something great!' to actually making something great and shipping them in quantity.

Reactions: Cale262

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj