Phantom 4- nearby airport

Reaction score
Can airport near by affect the rc transmission and phantom 4?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I doubt if a nearby airport will affect RC signals in anyway. But you are not expected to fly in the vicinity of an hospital

It will affect the P4, as soon as you enter the defined DJI No Fly Zone around the airport, if any! The app will land the aircraft in place! While it is landing, you may have time to turn around and fly out of the NFZ, which will then cancel the Autoland! You will also get a warning that you are approaching a NFZ before you actually enter it, which tells you to fly safely, and must be acknowledged. Big Brother is watching and in control! This also apples to any DJI enabled NFZ's surrounding Stadiums, even if empty! The NFZ's should appear in red on the map in the app during flight, too. The NFZ is about 6 blocks away on every side of a Stadium. Ask me how I know! :eek:

Last edited:
Because it‘s no-fly zone,Do not fly in the vicinity of the airport, it is a wrong approach...

Can airport near by affect the rc transmission and phantom 4?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

As stated above - if the airport has an associated no-fly-zone then while it will not affect the radio link it will prevent the Phantom from entering the airspace. If the airport and vicinity is not defined as an NFZ in the Phantom firmware then there is not likely to be anything that directly affects it. Radar (if present) operates on a quite different frequency band and there should be no other EM emissions from the airport that cause problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj