Phantom 4 NAKED

Reaction score
Here is a quick tutorial on how to disassemble the Phantom 4 and remove the gimbal To keep things neat, it probably would be best not to post in this thread.

70518f4.png

First step is to remove the plastic LED cover with a small flat head screwdriver, now you have a plastic tab exposed that you can remove with a tweezer

4af11bd.png

Remove the 3 screws with a 5/64 allen key

9693f8d.jpg

After you separate the shell the L.E.D.'s are exposed
ff78051.png

Pull the motor off with some gentle force
ef61ae1.png

If you notice, there are small angled hooks holding the motor in. This is why you need a little gentle back-to-back pulling motion as you remove the motor.

acb7b4c.png

To remove the shell remove (1 of 2 steps) the 8 screws should be taken out with a 5/64th allen key
aebd0f8.png

Remove the second set of inner screws (step 2 of 2) the 8 [total] screws should be taken out with a 5/64th allen key

aa3b525.png

Remove the 8 screws holding in the gimbal with a (1,5 x 50) driver

264e7aa.png

Remove the 8 screws holding in the gimbal with a (1,5 x 50) driver
ff47af2.png

6cb8412.png

dc601d9.jpg

9c0db68.jpg

Remove (1) and (2) in the picture with a small phillips screw driver. Also remove the cable from where the arrow points

caf398e.png

7. Part 2 of opening the shell requires the removal of two small phillips screws
968e5a5.jpg

Part 2 of opening the shell requires the removal of two small phillips screws

654d059.jpg

7. Remove the two small Phillips screws holing in the ribbon cable strap

7996054.png

Depending on what component you need to replace will depend on the next step(s). I don't have the time now but hopefully in the next couple of days I can upload the remaining pictures. The shell needs some force to come apart, very similar to taking apart the Phantom 3. There is a small metal strap held by two screws (circled in red) that needs to come off. It is important...TO BE CONTINUED....

Last edited:
I don't know but I still don't like plastic motor mounts. Why don't they have a thin metal enforcement where the motor mounts, surely only a few grams of weight.

any more progress?

Great tutorial and images. Very much looking forward to your continuation. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.