Phantom 4 Map Not Working

Reaction score
Hi,

So whenever I fly my P4, my GPS map in the bottom left of the DJI GO app shows the home point and the arrow for the drone, but when I start to fly away, the map does not follow the arrow. In other words, the image of the map stays put as the arrow indicating the drone flies off screen. I've tried uninstalling the app, and also resetting my P4 to factory settings, but it didn't do anything.

(I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 as my controller)

All advice is appreciated. Thank you

PS: Also on a side note, I occasionally get "Battery signal errors" or "Low voltage" warnings, but after a while they go away for a few weeks, then come back for a few, and the cycle repeats. Not sure why that might be, but that's a secondary issue.

I'm afraid this is due to dji getting rid of Google maps and went to here maps. Best to roll back the firmware or better still... get litchi

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If I correctly understand you are trying to center the aircraft on the left side map. You need to first enlarge the map by tapping on it. Next you will see three icons on top right of the map. Select the first one , you will see two more icons there: home point icon to keep home point centered of the map and aircraft icon to center the aircraft of the map. Click on the aircraft you are set.

Go back to video mode on the screen and observe map on left bottom.

Let's solve one problem at a time.

6628c7216a797fc90239d968e2603f41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Zoiboyz
Thanks for the tip. When I do that, it does temporarily center the aircraft icon, but when I continue to fly, the map stays put and the icon flies away

Scroll the map with your finger as needed when it's full screen.

AD

Scroll the map with your finger as needed when it's full screen.

AD
Shouldn't have to do that. DJI broke something that didn't need fixing. I love my P4 and DJI is fixing my motor issue gratis (as they should) but I was shocked to see they ditched google maps!

Shouldn't have to do that. DJI broke something that didn't need fixing. I love my P4 and DJI is fixing my motor issue gratis (as they should) but I was shocked to see they ditched google maps!
Yep dji broke it, I read that dji are working at making the map pan again, If someone asks you how far can you go with your phantom, tell them you can fly right off this map! wanna see?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20