Phantom 4 lost power after take-off and fall

Reaction score
Hello I am from South Africa and new on the forum

Yesterday evening I lift off to about 41 meter flow 22 meters in sport and then suddenly without any warning the phantom lost power and fall .My battery were at 98%, clear area ,no obstacles .This is my second drone first one was replace due to faulty camera the new one is about 2 weeks old. Minor damage to landing gear and outer shell, battery was laying 4 meters away from the drone . Is there any way to see on the logs if the battery came loose in mid air or what went wrong and what are my options. I must say that I am new to flying ( 2 Months flying everyday totally addicted )

I am uploading another 3 files not sure which one is the one with the actual incident.

I have a P4Pro. The battery can appear to be locked in but are a few mm out. Check the battery is fully engaged before take off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If the battery is not seated correctly (not pushed in completely) you should get a warning on the screen .... "Battery Signal Lost - Land Immediately". This happened to me and thankfully I had ascended straight up with no forward flight and was able to land. The battery was still in place but the locking tabs had not engaged completely.

My friend had his drone crash due to the battery falling out, ever since then I just put a small Velcro strap over the battery to the body to be safe. Cost me 1$ at the dollar store.

...Etienne, its hard to say with such little data, DJI could prob come up with an answer using the DAT file and their sftwr, just a guess, battery dislodged? also, i'm sorry, but i gotta say it.. I'll never understand why people start these drones lift off and go like a batt out of hell, i just don't get it, i mean i understand you bought it.. you can fly it anyway you want.. it just doesn't make sense to me, 11sec into the flight and you're already at 26mph & 175ft agl.. <shrug> I've got approx 50ea incident or crash related Flight-Logs and prob 50% of them are flights that start like yours...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
...WoW! fIncredible scenery there sheesh

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31