Phantom 4 keeps overwiting files

Reaction score
my P4 keeps overwriting files it seems every time it is turned on it starts the file count at 1. this is very frustrating because it didn't do this before and i was on a job a few weeks ago and a bunch of takes were overwritten after i swapped batteries. Im guessing it was in one of the firmware upgrades. It is also annoying that after firmware updates that you need to go in and set all your settings up again because it goes back to default

Open the camera Settings, and change the File Index Mode to "Continuous".
IMG_0110x.PNG

This frequently resets with a software upgrade. Why it is not the default is beyond me.

I have also seen some users not removing the last file from the sdcard to ensure incremental continuity as per their needs.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was shooting this past weekend and my Continuous count reached DJI_0999 and even though there are 4 digits it restarted at DJI_0001, I figured it would have counted to DJI_9999 before restarting. Just good to know in case you have a project that has lower numbers and you want to add to it later it may have the same numbers if it reset the counting.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Most of my photo jobs- be it drone or otherwise- are kept in separate folders for each shoot. So there's never an overlap.

I always set it for Continuous regardless of what I do later.
But I also (mostly) after I edit out rejects, rename the whole job with my own number- {sequence 001}_Date
Just view the whole shoot sorted by Capture date/time, then rename.
So today's shoot will begin with 001_081116.

Easy to do with Lightoom, Photo Mechanic, Bridge or most other software.
Then if anyone needs an image I can search by date or if I need to find the original or job folder for a given image, the filenames tells me the date it was shot as well as frame number.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RémyHeli

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1