Phantom 4 - Intelligent Flight Battery

Reaction score
Is it true, that when installed in the P4,

that you shouldnt run it out there, less the 30% battery level?

Thats bad for battery?

What happens if i go less then 30%?

I been running to the battery till it says, low battery and lands it self, usually about 10%

I need advice

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Updated
On the djiGo App,

I put the warning alarm

1st warning at 50%
2st Warning at 30%

Last edited:
I been a battery conditioner from the first days, and LiPo isn't nickel metal hydride or worse nickel cadmium, i still think batteries work best when used all the way down. I burn mine to 8%, I've even gotten it down to 2% (not on purpose) and I get same flight times as everyone else. Personally I think this is Hype. Maybe I can be proved wrong, nothing anywhere does DJI tell me to stop using my battery at 30% or even 20%

What is ment by 30% rule is:
fly on a fully charged battery and not one that has been sat in your case for hours + that is 30% as it can be a false reading but also drain fast and hard until the battery warms up.
I never fly with a batter that has been stood days and 50% or less.. charge it.
If flown fully charged and then landed at 50% but then 15mins later flown again from 50% down to 30% is fine.. but thats the point in where I would not go lower than 30%.
If you want a long flight the yes it is fine to fly a battery down to 10% from fully charged in one flight..
These are just guides that work and not rules.. treat your batteries well and they will treat you well.

I bought an extra PB battery (insane price) and every time I use it I get the battery error message and sometimes that it is not a DJI battery. Then the message clears.

Everything you see written about the '30% rule' assumes you are able to determine when you have consumed 70% of the battery capacity and only really applies to 'normal' lipo packs, not the smart batteries we are using.

30% on a P4 pack does not mean only 30% left.

Pay attention to the voltage readings and be comfortable going well below an indicated 30%, just aim to keep the voltage under load above say 3.4V and all will be just fine...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31