Phantom 4 Help motor noise help

Reaction score
While flying my p4 I noticed a noise. Kind of a high pitched whine sort of or?? I attached a video where you can hear it. I noticed the back left motor runs a couple degrees warmer, all the other 3 feel pretty much the same. So please watch the video and let me know if the sound is normal or not. Thank you!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have that on mine. I guess it normal.

Also 3 motors feel the same temp and 1 is slightly warmer. Not sure how I should take that? Bad bearing maybe? I mean it flies great in all directions so IDK

Also 3 motors feel the same temp and 1 is slightly warmer. Not sure how I should take that? Bad bearing maybe? I mean it flies great in all directions so IDK
Yeah that high pitched whistle. I can hear it several hundred feet away.

Mine makes the same noise. There are threads regarding this high pitch whine. They say its normal. My motors get pretty warm, but I don't notice that any one is particularly warmer than the others. All motors move freely.

Mine makes the same noise. There are threads regarding this high pitch whine. They say its normal. My motors get pretty warm, but I don't notice that any one is particularly warmer than the others. All motors move freely.
Ok thanks for the piece of mind. I just checked and all my motors move freely. The one that gets 2 or 3 degrees hotter has a tiny bit more friction. Also I only have approximately 1 hour 39 minutes so it's fairly new I would say. Maybe things will even out over time. Like I said earlier it flies perfect. Extremely stable and responsive. Thanks again

I have an Exergen DX501 IR thermometer I will use and take the temp of the motors after flying...

I had the same question when I first got my Phantom 4. The answer was that the noise is normal and is caused by the brushless motors. Minor temperature differences are normal as well.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I agree with everything said above. Also, my back left motor is warmer to the touch than the other three. It has been that way since new. I consider it normal.

Do two test, after checking temps in a hover, rotate 180 degrees hover and retest, rule out drone compensation for external factors.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers