Phantom 4 gimbal protection

Reaction score
Has anyone had any situations using any of the gimbal protection systems that attach to the landing gear? I've read that they can interfere with downward facing sensors and cause erratic flight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ive thought of using some big clear plastic clip ties, across the landing gear, maybe 2, try it and see I suppose if it affects sensors, I had a carbon fibre black one for my P3's but won't fit in the 4, I tried it with and without but still go same poor range with the standard so I returned, and happy with the P4 now, 2.5 times the price but I think worth it

I have had a such gimbal protection...and have had terrible altitude problems...almost crashed my P4 first day.
Dismounted it immediately and now flying for the last 3 months without any problem

Such accessories is prohibited by DJI warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just tried my new P4 with a gimbal protector. I never thought about interference.
It dropped from 25 m several m. Also it refused to decent. The height sensor indicated 0 m while in the air.
I removed it and it flew flawless.
DJI warns about them: Gimbal Guard – A Warning from DJI

You are right Alec. My drone shop didn't warn me either. They can cause a crash!
These should be illegal. They don't protect. It is like using condoms with holes! :p

Like anything you just have to understand how low the camera is and take that into consideration when landing or just hand catch. I don't really like hand catching but if the ground is bad I will. Emergency landings or crashes are a different ball game and all down to luck :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4