Phantom 4 Gimbal Pan,roll error any ideas??

Reaction score
Hello i bought used phantom 4 seller never said gimbal was not working, any ideas??? firmware or hardware problem ?also which parts do i need to replace

Only one axis moves on startup calibration

Attachments

• 20190520_131158.jpg
    20190520_131158.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 419
Hi,

Can't really tell what could be wrong from that video. Could be ribbon cable, control board, motors. However what is apparent from the video is that the P4P has been through some rough times. The gimbal, landing gear, and body all show signs of wear, contact with something, or a crash. If those issues were not made clear prior to sale, then I would try to return it. Did you see all those scuff marks and scratches in the pictures prior to purchase?

I hope you got a really incredible deal on it because it seems that there is some repair work needed. My rule of thumb is always buy in person or in rare cases from a well-known and respected member of the forums.

Reactions: flaviove
Hi,

Can't really tell what could be wrong from that video. Could be ribbon cable, control board, motors. However what is apparent from the video is that the P4P has been through some rough times. The gimbal, landing gear, and body all show signs of wear, contact with something, or a crash. If those issues were not made clear prior to sale, then I would try to return it. Did you see all those scuff marks and scratches in the pictures prior to purchase?

I hope you got a really incredible deal on it because it seems that there is some repair work needed. My rule of thumb is always buy in person or in rare cases from a well-known and respected member of the forums.
Yes it was great deal only $275 on ebay body is damaged scratches etc.. i know how to replace the shell but seller never said camera was broken , i think it's gimbal esc however parts for Dji drones are really expensive

Yes it was great deal only $275 on ebay body is damaged scratches etc.. i know how to replace the shell but seller never said camera was broken , i think it's gimbal esc however parts for Dji drones are really expensive
Well yes it is cheap at $275 but not so much if you need to start buying multiple parts. ESC boards are not too bad but it gets expensive if you need to replace the camera/gimbal assembly.

fixed the problem! bearing on roll motor was pushed down took 15min and gimbal works perfectly !!
That's great news. Enjoy the P4 !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20