Phantom 4 for survey work

How many of you out there are using your P4's for survey work - any interest in joining a thread to discuss experiences there ?

I'll jump in. I'm using my P4 and Pix4D to do 3D mapping of race tracks. Pix4DCapture is the app I use. The Android version is more advanced than the iOS version (e.g. it allows you to set up multi-flight missions into a single plan). Then I use Pix4DMapper to crunch the 3D model.

Reactions: Lucone and IBV
I have also used my P4 and Pix4DMapper to produce 3D models and other digital outputs offered by the software. I, along with others, have had issues with Pix4DCapture not initializing to capture all of the required images of the grid. I have been receiving the best results using Map Pilot as my capture App and then using Pix4D to process the images. If you enter the 'Industries' tab along the top of the screen and enter the 'Surveying and Mapping' forum you will find many threads discussing this.

I plan on using my P4 for mapping and may be capturing images this summer to assist in land cover classification, exciting times.

Reactions: Lucone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1