Phantom 4 First Impressions

Reaction score
I went from a P2V+ to the P4 so I don’t have the complaints of the P3 owners. It is so far advanced from the P2 I really like it. The sport mode is fun but uses up the battery a lot faster. The enclosed gimbal and legs make it look cleaner and sleeker. The Lightbridge is amazing compared to WI FI. I went over some treetops and temporarily lost sight but I didn’t lose the signal. With my P2 the signal would’ve been gone immediately. I haven’t tried any of the features like tracking yet I’ve just been flying. The only thing I wish is they would add more compatible tablets.

Mark

Thanks msinger. I see they've added some since I got mine.

Mark

i got the p4 and still learning how to fly it.

becarefull on the ATTI mode

when you go forward on joystick, the P4 looks like startrek ship gliding, when you go forward or any direction! it glides and keeps going until it loses momentum and then slows down.

i thought its great mode to fly when your over 100 feet, away from trees and buildings. and i love it when glides like that over their air, reminded me of a startrek ship and nice.

but becareful flyin in that mode inside the house! it will hit a wall, and its own blades cause a draft of wind under it propellers and the wind moves it to where it wants it!

I almost crashed and burned and I panic and learned a big lesson!

That's why I leave the CA on in the house. But even better is to mess with the X5C in the house instead. It can take many a crash into the walls and live to fly another day.

I'm loving my P4.

Best bits :
Great satellite pick up. My P3s will sit for ages on 6 sats at home, then crawls up to 7 or 8. The P4 boots up with 13 and rapidly increases from there.

Sport mode: This was not a feature that made me decide on the P4, frankly it didn't interest me much. I was wrong! It is awesome, especially when trying to come home against a head wind. It needs to be used with caution though obviously.
Yesterday I brought it back to me from a fair distance out at sea. I looked at my Ipad and noticed the props in-shot so adjusted the gimbal to get rid of them. In the few seconds I took my eye off the bird, it had arrived over head and was going full tilt towards the cliff behind me.
With a tail wind, it had reached 50mph, which in the air is blardy quick and much quicker than it looks on screen.

Strong signal: Haven't distance tested it yet, building up confidence in the bird but, compared to the standard it is rock solid.

Good but not great bits:
Camera: Not quite the leap forward I was hoping for over the P3s, better for sure but not by a big margin.

CA : Don't really need it, I use it sometimes because of it's novelty value but I'd rather they'd spent that money on improving the Camera.

'c' buttons: customizable I know, but they are exactly where I hold the remote and I'm constantly switching them on and off :rolleyes:

All told, I think it's a great bird (so far) and I'm glad I bought it, rather expensive but hey, you don't have to eat every Day eh,

Reactions: liketogethigh
My P2 would get 9-11 the most was 13. The P4 got 13 in the house when calabrating the P4. It gets 16 outside. The other day it hit 20. I do live in a rural area with little interference.

My P2 would get 9-11 the most was 13. The P4 got 13 in the house when calabrating the P4. It gets 16 outside. The other day it hit 20. I do live in a rural area with little interference.

20 is impressive. I live in a rural area too but the P3s really struggles to pick up sats. On the flight logs I always get weak gps signal flashing up as well.

Exact same spot with the P4 and it picks up 15-18 no problem, happy Days ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers