Phantom 4 extra batteries?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Phantom 4 should be arriving any minute now, couldn't manage to find anywhere that will do extra batteries in the next few days. Have a job coming up and extra batteries are pretty much essential.

Anyone have any ideas where I could find batteries?

Cheers

The only place to get P4 batteries right now is by ordering from DJI here. You might be able to soon buy a battery from someone on eBay. But, be prepared to pay an arm and/or a leg for it.

When I ordered by P4, I placed a separate order for extra batteries (minutes after placing my P4 order). My P4 shipped, but the batteries did not. So, if you order batteries from DJI, you probably shouldn't expect to receive them right away.

Same. Still waiting on DJI shipping . Account says they have not even shipped yet. Went to Apple got two right away. DJI need to do much better than this. I'm trying now to cancel my DJI orders. Wonder how that will go. They are slow to get back to me too. Then they send out an email asking if I'm satisfied or not. Never am. Their service just sucks.

Like the Phantoms, I'm assuming DJI is also shipping out extra batteries in the order the orders were placed. I ordered extra batteries on March 1st at 18:54:36 (UTC). My batteries just shipped on Friday.

I found my local Apple store does not sell batteries. So, DJI might be the only option for some people right now. And, I'm sure they'll show up on Amazon/eBay in the next week or so.

Just FYI, I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly I received my spare batteries from DJI. Ordered on a Wednesday afternoon and it arrived in Honolulu on the following Monday.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Speaking of batteries I have a question. Has anyone had a problem transporting their drone with batteries on a commercial aircraft?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ordered batteries from DJI store and got it delivered in a week, shipped from Atlanta, GA.

Might want to add a few extra accessories like propellers and camera shades, as u get free shipping from DJI above $150.

I am needing a couple more batteries as well. Hope I can buy at a local Apple Store. Question concerning batteries? I am going to be flying a golf course job in a couple months. How many batteries should I plan on needing? Going to do all 18 holes flying each one of them and then a little dance around the green and on to the next hole. My question is how long should you wait before you put a warm just flown battery on charge? Or can you immediately put it on charge while its still warm and be ok? I would not charge like this all the time but just wondering if it's ok to charge immediately for a job?

I am going to be flying a golf course job in a couple months. How many batteries should I plan on needing?
6+ batteries is a good number to have if you need to fly continuously throughout the day. That should give you enough time to fly a couple and start recharging them as you fly your remaining batteries.

how long should you wait before you put a warm just flown battery on charge?
However long it takes for them to cool down. The charger will not charge them if they are too warm.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
6+ batteries is a good number to have if you need to fly continuously throughout the day. That should give you enough time to fly a couple and start recharging them as you fly your remaining batteries.

However long it takes for them to cool down. The charger will not charge them if they are too warm.
Thanks so much for the super fast answer PhantomHelp! Yeah I think I noticed that when I plugged a warm battery in for the first time. It did not take off charging for a couple min. seems like. Great info and thx again.

And, I think 6 batteries is really the bare minimum. If it was me and I knew I was going to be doing more jobs like that, I'd take 8 total. That'll give the used batteries time to cool down and you time to charge them before you cycle through all of them. You'll of course need to be pick up a few chargers too.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj