Phantom 4 editing software for video

Reaction score
Are you using the dji Editor? My husband uses that on his tablet. I want to use the same one, but on my PC. I am having trouble finding it on the dji site.

I can say that while handy, the DJI editor is not very good nor robust. I have started using iMovie (on a Mac) and it lets me color balance, change the White Balance, add transitions and quite a bit more. You might want to invest in Adobe Premier or something similar if you really plan to get into movie making.

Reactions: SeabirdP4
iMovie on my apple devices or Adobe Premiere for Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Quality video editing needs to be accomplished on a Mac or PC, not a tablet. I have used Adobe Premiere and it does a great job. I now have a iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, iMovie should do the trick. I'm toying with the purchase of Final Cut Pro, $299. Any Final Cut Pro users out there? Is it worth the $299? Are there major improvements over iMovie?

Reactions: BarryP
I am editing my first videos with Final Cut Pro X. You can download the full version from Apple for free as a trial copy which will last one month. Mine is twelve days old now. My iMac 21.5 inch (late 2009) with 8 GB RAM is very slow to edit 2.7k videos, but valid. It offers much much more possibilities than iMovie (its litle brother) but its complexity means you will have a learning courve. After a couple of videos, things start to consolidate and you notice that it will be a really powerful ( and somewhat easy) tool. My son and my daughter edit their videos (not drones) with Pinnacle, which seems easier to use, and I have seen also fantastic results with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigRotor
Quality video editing needs to be accomplished on a Mac or PC, not a tablet. I have used Adobe Premiere and it does a great job. I now have a iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, iMovie should do the trick. I'm toying with the purchase of Final Cut Pro, $299. Any Final Cut Pro users out there? Is it worth the $299? Are there major improvements over iMovie?
iMovie and FCP are completely different animals. But if you were happy with Premiere, then FCP would be a good choice if you're a professional editor. Is it worth the price? I'm not convinced: Final Cut Express is much cheaper yet very similar in layout and functionality to its big brother. FCX just doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

Apologies. Apple discontinued Final Cut Express some time ago as is no longer available, officially at least.

Last edited:
On PC you may start with Premiere Elements, has some easy modes and is cheaper than a full version.

If you have iMovie on your computer, it's more than enough to start.

I use that and the GoPro Editor, but less often. I have iMovie on my iPad Mini as well to work on content in the field.

Here is a good tutorial.

I've used the Cyberlink' video editors for a few years, they are I think very good (none of them are perfect). Now I've got a P4 I'm looking forward to putting the editor to work on my areil filmeing from the Phantom.

iMovie is a reasonably good App if you have Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Final Cut Pro X.

I use FCPX and I use a Video Converter This allows you to change the profile of the P4 into other formats, Brorsoft Video Converter is very good and cheap once converted you can change to better formats so that FCPX can do more with the video such as colour grading and other things . If you want better quality videos however FCPX is only for Macs.

Hi Pord Had a good look at Light Works, Pro version expensive and not updatable Think I will stay with FCPX it has a army of plugins for making extraordinary videos.Sadly only available for Apple users.

Last edited:
Reactions: pord

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik