Phantom 4 Drifting and Crashed

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having some problems with my Phantom 4 drifting. The last time I flew it it was drifting around which is very strange because it typicaly was so stable and solid. Today I calibrated the compass and set the home base on my garage pad where I have flown several times before without any issues. I use the take off command on my phone and as soon as it lifted off it began drifting backwards towards the garage door quite quickly, it caught me by suprise and smashed into the garage door. I am wondering what would cause the drifting and what to do about it. (Put a pritty good dent in the steel garage door.) Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd still reckon rebar in the calibration area, or maybe the aforementioned garage door messed up the compass. In the early days with my P3, I even discovered woodscrews in the decking outside the house would cause errors, I'd humbly suggest that you were lucky the previous times. Take it to a nearby field to calibrate the compass, it does not need doing every flight and it's worth the trip.

Reactions: Ominous
Other than compass issues, the only other thing that would normally cause such behavior is if you were flying in ATTI mode and it was windy. In ATTI mode, your Phantom will drift with the wind.

I did firmware Update and re-calibrated the IMU today and I am back in business.

I remembered It started acting up when I was camping, I thought it would be a perfect time and place to play around but there were lots of dogs and kids around, even though I took off from a vacant area it quickly attracted attention and it was not flying very well. I could vision it landing and some crazy dog running up and grabbing it and getting sliced open. the road to the campground was terrible and the P4 was in the trailer i'm sure it got rattled like crazy, knocking out the calibration. These things are awesome when they are flying properly but my confidence dropped pretty fast after crashing it so quickly yesterday. Seeing some photos of people getting slashed up trying to catch it by hand didn't help either, i'm totally scared of it! Glad its flying good now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4