Phantom 4 downlink "no lag time" (by the Verge) please confirm

Reaction score
The Verge claims

"The Phantom 4 uses the same remote controller and Lightbridge video downlink technology as the Phantom 3. In our testing it never lost connection and the video stream was extremely clear and free of lag."

DJI Phantom 4 Review: The first drone for everyone

I find this very hard to believe, but if true is a complete breakthrough in itself... and probably would have been talked about more, especially in the FPV forums.

For reference the P3P has a latency (lag time) off appx .3 seconds depending on your tablet. Mine is slighly more:

Can somone post up a similar test or guestimate as to downlink lag time?

THX

Any digital video/FPV system has some sort latency for encoding/decoding video signal.

We tested both FPV Camera and DJI GO apps (formerly called DJI Pilot) back to Jul-2015. We conducted the test with P3P (can't remember FW, maybe 1.1.6 or 1.1.9) and iPad Air 2 (iOS 8.4). The latency is about 200-220 ms. We also tested HDMI module with Samsung 24" LCD monitor. The latency is around 180-200 ms.

200 or even 300ms is fine for my users although not so much for racing I'd guess. I haven't had a good way to test but about 1/4 second or a bit less is what it seems like to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr