Phantom 4 does a temporary beginners mods

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 is doing something weird. When I first turn on the RC and the 4. When I lift off it will not go any higher than 30 meters ( The beginners mod is off). I land and let it sit for a minute or so and it will operate with no restrictions

My Phantom 4 is doing something weird. When I first turn on the RC and the 4. When I lift off it will not go any higher than 30 meters ( The beginners mod is off). I land and let it sit for a minute or so and it will operate with no restrictions

Double check the maximum flight altitude that is set. Most likely it is set at 30 meters. Hope that fixes it!

Reactions: Darren Roach
The max height altitude is 3000 meters and the return to home altitude is set at 50 meters

The max height altitude is 3000 meters and the return to home altitude is set at 50 meters
I don't think it is 3000 mtrs as that would make your drone a spaceship. Make sure any adjustments you make are when everything is powered up to ensure you save them, otherwise they will default to the original setting, which may be beginners mode.

Sorry that was a typo. 300 meters. Tested today and it still did the same thing but I noticed if I wait about a minute or two the GPS will update and I can fly normally

Sorry that was a typo. 300 meters. Tested today and it still did the same thing but I noticed if I wait about a minute or two the GPS will update and I can fly normally
Ah yes, I always wait a minute or two and double check my settings before I fly. Nothing less than 8 satellites before I unleash the pig!

Ah yes, I always wait a minute or two and double check my settings before I fly. Nothing less than 8 satellites before I unleash the pig!

Correct, I double check the setting before flight and everything is set, I double check the Go Home settings ( most important) before take off)

Reactions: tevek

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4