Phantom 4 charge hub - multiple batteries at same time

Reaction score
Does anybody on the boards use one of the non-DJI charging hubs that will charge multiple P4 batteries at the same time?

I see a couple of them listed now on Amazon, eBay and other online stores.

For $65 or so it is very tempting, but hoping for somebody else to be the guinea pig :)

Thanks for any info and sharing your experience

Tom

Don't get the little circuit board type. Get one of the actual chargers with 3 separate power leads & remote charger lead. ~$60 on ebay. The P3 model is usually blue while the P4 model is black.

Does anybody on the boards use one of the non-DJI charging hubs that will charge multiple P4 batteries at the same time?

I see a couple of them listed now on Amazon, eBay and other online stores.

For $65 or so it is very tempting, but hoping for somebody else to be the guinea pig :)

Thanks for any info and sharing your experience

Tom

Don't get the little circuit board type. Get one of the actual chargers with 3 separate power leads & remote charger lead. ~$60 on ebay. The P3 model is usually blue while the P4 model is black.
Yes, the $30 circuit board one is crap. No way to properly line up or secure the batteries. Never managed to get more than one battery connected! Defeats the purpose, and the built-in digital voltage meter tells you nothing useful! :(

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Got one of these and they work very well. The P4 black one with the 3 leads and the rc lead.

Got one of these and they work very well. The P4 black one with the 3 leads and the rc lead.
Just ordered! Unlike the DJI P4 hub for $90, this aftermarket one is supposed to charge all three at once, instead of serially. Can you confirm that?

Yes it does charge all three and transmitter at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought the DJI original. Yes, it's expensive, but for the $30 extra I have peace of mind that my expensive P4 batteries won't be damaged by over charging or anything like that. It also has a neat "storage" feature that discharges batteries to 50% for prolonged storage.

The disadvantage is that it charges them one at a time. The advantage is that it charges them one at a time - starting with the one that has the highest power level first, so you can get a useable battery quickly. It then goes to the next highest power level and finally the lowest.

I also bought original batteries - had a bad experience with my digital camera and cheap China no-name batteries. After spending so much for the drone, I figure it doesn't make sense to cheap out on the important stuff.

I bought the DJI original. Yes, it's expensive, but for the $30 extra I have peace of mind that my expensive P4 batteries won't be damaged by over charging or anything like that. It also has a neat "storage" feature that discharges batteries to 50% for prolonged storage.

The disadvantage is that it charges them one at a time. The advantage is that it charges them one at a time - starting with the one that has the highest power level first, so you can get a useable battery quickly. It then goes to the next highest power level and finally the lowest.

I also bought original batteries - had a bad experience with my digital camera and cheap China no-name batteries. After spending so much for the drone, I figure it doesn't make sense to cheap out on the important stuff.

The triple charger will not overcharge the batteries, it shuts off automatically. To me the time savings is more beneficial. Unless you really plan your flights in advance it is much easier to charge all three batteries in a little over an hour as opposed to fours hours.

Reactions: Santiego
I ordered my multi-charger from ebay on May 29 and it still has not arrived.

Tom Kriplean, other than purchasing multiple OEM Phantom 4 chargers, the black charger is the best option right now. It's not supported by DJI, but many people have been using it without any trouble.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I ordered my multi-charger from ebay on May 29 and it still has not arrived.
I saw some that were coming from China with 4-6 week waits. I opted for ones that were being sold in the USA and got mine in 5 days.

I guess it's the "If it doesn't arrive in 4-6 weeks, just wait longer"

I think you may misunderstand the storage feature. The P4 batteries automatically self-discharge to 50% without any outside intervention or charger necessary, based upon the number of days you set for self-discharge in the app. However, the P4 DJI branded serial charging hub may maintain that 50% storage charge, if the batteries remain plugged into it, by periodically topping them off to 50% again, so they don't drop to a critically low level below 50% during very prolonged storage. I plan on using mine, not hibernating them for years! :cool:

Ordered the P3 & P4 models from Amazon about an hour ago. $69 each with free shipping. Will have them tomorrow. (which means I may find then on the porch when I get home this evening.

Last edited:
Let me know how that P5 is...LOL!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers