Phantom 4 case that will hold Itelite antenna

Reaction score
I have been in contact with a company called Case Club that makes cases for the p4 and i have ordered one of their compact cases that fits as carry on and their prices are very reasonable.

The gentleman there is willing to look at making a custom insert that will fit the ite-dbs02 if there is enough interest.

Here is links to the two cases they make for the P4:
Compact
DJI Phantom 4 Compact Drone Case | Case Club

Wheeled
DJI Phantom 4 Drone Case | Case Club

Reactions: Cale262
Count me in if he makes it. Tired of carrying the remote separately. Please send me a PM if he ever gets this made and available for sale.

Procraft

Attachments

• 20160515_222841.jpg
    20160515_222841.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 498
I just did a little more research and also contacted them to get a few questions answered. I discovered their shipping rates to Honolulu is $60 plus dollars. I have purchased other backpacks and cases that had either free shipping or a nominal charge. This might be a deal breaker for me. I might try using a hot knife and modify one of my existing inserts.

I just did a little more research and also contacted them to get a few questions answered. I discovered their shipping rates to Honolulu is $60 plus dollars.

Yes I paid $96 shipping to Canada, but the cases are really good prices so it still works out to a good deal.

I don't see the dimensions in their web page for the compact version. Based on the photo it doesn't look like this case complies with the 20x14x9" FAA regulation for carry on luggage. It might be allowed on Southwest who tends to be more forgiving, but if they are looking for someone to boot off the flight due to overbooking, carry on size is a red flag.

Last edited:
Product Dimensions 24.5 x 16.5 x 10.5 inches

Got this from Amazon. By the way I can order this from Amazon Prime with no shipping.

Just saw that the Go Professional GPC-DJI-P4 looks VERY similar to the case club and it is supposed to be carry-on capable as well.

I have emailed them and asked for dimensions
Case Club just replied to my inquiry. The case ODs are 20.75 X 16.5 X 9.25". Although I know this will fit in most airplane overheads, technically it's outside the FAA spec for size by 20% in volume. Case Club said they are removing the "carry-on compliant" statement in their website.

I personally like this Case Club compact unit for flying locally. It can make a good launch platform when I'm in the hills with dirt, weeds, stickers, etc. It looks a lot lighter than the wheeled Microraptor hardcase I have. I never use my Microrapter because it weighs so much. Not that I'm a weakling, it's when I compare it to my Think Tank backpack it's like night an day difference, so much more convenient to haul around 14lbs versus 25lbs. But the big advantage is just having a backpack. Most of my flight spots require hiking 500' to 1500' away by foot after arriving by car. I usually throw the backpack over one shoulder for a quick hike to the launch area. 75% of my flights are this scenario, a short hike to launch. That's why the Chinese Cheapy ($40) is adequate (12lbs with craft&RC) in most cases, which I use with my P3P all the time. However, when need to hike more than a half mile, strapping on the Think Tank backpack over both shoulders and waist belt is really nice. It makes the trip a breeze.

Last edited:
The Microraptor Pro case has a slot at the top that can hold the ITELITE antenna. It's not a perfect solution, but it'll do the job if you prefer Microraptor Pro cases.

Microraptor-Case-With-MaxxUAV.jpg

The Think Tank backpack holds the RC without removing the Itelite antenna from the RC. I haven't installed the full antenna kit yet, but this photo shows the fit without taking off the Itelite antenna. This backpack offers a lot of room for GoPro's, point and shot camera, Marco Polo tracker, chargers (AC and DC), wind surfers, ipads (in lid pockets), all kinds of stuff.
upload_2016-5-16_23-55-13.png

Reactions: Theresa Strange
Just checked the FAA website and they say 45 linear inches and the Caseclub compact is 46.5 linear inches... Hardly a 20% outside the requirements, closer to 1%.

I just checked the gopro compact case and it is 46 linear inches and they advertise as carry-on.

At any rate if people are interested in caseclub making a insert that can hold the Itelite & rc attached let them know.

FYI...
I contacted Case Club to see if they would make a custom foam insert for the Ite-DBS02 and got the following email reply. I have not yet purchased my Ite-DBS02 antenna yet but if anyone else is willing to send theirs feel free to jump in.

Hello William,
Would you be interested in mailing in your remote with the ite-dbs02 antenna
attached? We can then use it to redesign our layout. As long as it will
still all fit into the same case we can create this new insert with the case
for no additional cost. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you!

Sincerely,
Amanda Evango

Case Club: Product Sales & Custom Foam
4765 E Bryson St, Anaheim, CA 92807
Tel: 714.779.8794 | Toll free: 877.412.2737
[email protected] | www.caseclub.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members