Phantom 4 Canada

Reaction score
Anyone in Canada order one yet? I'm in Ottawa and would prefer to buy local over DJI direct but I've also read about some of the advantages of buying from DJI online as well.....Hmmmm...decisions...decisions...

Buy direct from store.dji.com. Be in Ottawa in less than a week if in stock.
It seems in Canada, once the box is opened there is no return anyway. At least that was my experience.

Someone posted in the forum that you can avoid duty if your phantom ships directly from China via DJI.com

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ordered mine from DJI but if you'd rather buy local I think you're going to have to wait until quite some time after April 15 unless you plan to buy from the Apple Store for $2039CAD+tax

Last edited:
I got p3a direct. You just pay us price. No tax or duty. Once payment cleared it took 3 days. Ships by DHL.

Never had a problem with duty or tax from Dji.com

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

$150 cheaper from Multirotor Heli in Calgary than Apple Store, but there's the GST though. I don't know if you have to pay the taxes when ordering direct from DJI?

$150 cheaper from Multirotor Heli in Calgary than Apple Store, but there's the GST though. I don't know if you have to pay the taxes when ordering direct from DJI?

Weird that they can offer a price as DJI has price control now and Apple has that whole exclusive thing until April 15th.

Phantom 4

Do the US to Cdn conversion. Apple is jacking up the price here in Canada.
1399 US 1889 CDN at Multirotor Heli.
Apple Canada 2029.95

I guess you're correct, I purchased in US funds so I didn't even think of doing the math...but that still doesn't change the fact that Apple still has the exclusive until April 15th regardless if apple is ripping people off.

Anyone in Canada order one yet? I'm in Ottawa and would prefer to buy local over DJI direct but I've also read about some of the advantages of buying from DJI online as well.....Hmmmm...decisions...decisions...

Hey neighbour, I'm in Ottawa. Plan to wait the six months to see what refinements are introduced.

Hey neighbour, I'm in Ottawa. Plan to wait the six months to see what refinements are introduced.

Hey captaindrone! Do you have a youtube channel? name sounds familiar. ;) Anyhow yeah I"m planning on ordering a P4 direct from DJI in the coming weeks...the CDN$ is going up each day that Oil gains in value so keep an eye on that as well!

Hey captaindrone! Do you have a youtube channel? name sounds familiar. ;) Anyhow yeah I"m planning on ordering a P4 direct from DJI in the coming weeks...the CDN$ is going up each day that Oil gains in value so keep an eye on that as well!

Would love to see your Phantom 4 when it arrives. I'm in the east end of Ottawa. We'll have to meet up for a flight.

Ref YouTube, you must likely saw one of my "how to" vids on either filters or camera lens removal. I have a several YouTube channels (motorcycles, Guitars/Amps/Pedals, Adventure, and just recently Drones). I used to put drone videos in private account so that only my brothers/sisters could view, but recently I created a CAPTDRONE798 YouTube account & have placed a handful there with many, many more on the way. Here is one of several:

I see that my P4 order to Canada has shipped today from the People's republic of China, Shenzen via DHL set to arrive Thursday by end of day...as long as things go well I'll have it for the weekend and just in time to drive south to MOAB for the Easter Jeep Safari and then back to AZ for a couple more weeks! I also ordered 5 extra batteries and an Osmo so between my wife and I we should be able to get some pretty good footage of the Jeep Safari, both out on the trails and of the trade show!

I see that my P4 order to Canada has shipped today from the People's republic of China, Shenzen via DHL set to arrive Thursday by end of day...as long as things go well I'll have it for the weekend and just in time to drive south to MOAB for the Easter Jeep Safari and then back to AZ for a couple more weeks!
If it arrives after you've departed for the south I'll be happy to sign for it. ;)

Reactions: Cale262
If it arrives after you've departed for the south I'll be happy to sign for it. ;)

I've actually been calculating things out just incase it didn't ship on time, I can leave as late as Tuesday morning and still make my reservations for Moab...but thanks for the offer :)

I have my P4 on order from Multirotorheli and wonder if anyone in the Calgary/Strathmore area might want to grt together sometimecfor a group fly?

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
How did you order and get dhl for delivery. I've seen some going to Canada via FedEx? Not sure if there will be duties on the ones fedex is delivering.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My P3 shipped DHL on a tuesday arrive at my home in Canada on following Friday.
Goes from Shenzen to Hongkong to Ohio then Canada.

Offsite. Ordered from store.dji.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20