Phantom 4 Battery DOA ?

Reaction score
So my lovely wife got me a couple of Batteries for my P4 for Christmas. First one charged up no problem but the second one...... Doesn't even register when it's on the charger. They didn't come from DJI but from another online retailer (genuine though).

Anything I can do to test this ? When I push the button I don't get any green lights at all.

Or do I just send it back ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Assuming they both came from the same place and one works whilst the other doesn't, I'd be sending the dodgy one back. Also assuming they are 100% genuine. There have been a number of threads regarding non oem batteries giving all sorts of grief even when they are able to be charged. Like failing mid flight...

3e8a9128d5d15ed6df173a271355f637.jpg

I'd assume based on this photo and the prominent DJI symbols on the package they are genuine. Also can't tell the battery apart from the one that came with the drone.

Hmmm, just checked out my batteries and the packaging looks legit and the serial numbers follow the same sequence as mine. You may have a dud that needs to go back, hopefully within Australia. Explain to your wife that these things happen...mine bought me a set of VR goggles that has yet to turn up and I'm starting to sweat a bit.

So my lovely wife got me a couple of Batteries for my P4 for Christmas. First one charged up no problem but the second one...... Doesn't even register when it's on the charger. They didn't come from DJI but from another online retailer (genuine though).

Anything I can do to test this ? When I push the button I don't get any green lights at all.

Or do I just send it back ?

Definitely send that dud back to the seller for replacement. I've seen lots of folks getting dead P4 batteries like that, simply won't take a charge, no lights, nothing. FYI, to my knowledge I haven't seen any P4 batteries made by third parties yet. Has anyone seen one yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers