Phantom 4 Battery Charging Hub

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
DJI just released a battery charging hub for the Phantom 4. Here's what it can do:
  • Charge up to 3 batteries (one at a time)
  • Charge batteries up to 50% (for storage)
Note: This will not charge 3 batteries at the same time. It charges one battery completely and then starts charging the next battery.

See more details about the charging hub on DJI's website here.

medium_P4_Part_8_______7_.JPG

large_P4_Part_8_______1_.JPG

medium_P4_Part_8_______8_.JPG

I was waiting for DJI to release a multi-charging hub but hoped it would have the capability of charging multiple batteries at once. I think for the price of this unit it might make more sense to just purchase another charger so two can be charged simultaneously. I see the value in this unit for convenience and the "trickle charge" storage setting is useful but was just hoping for something different.

Been waiting for something similar, a bit expensive, but atleast useful to charge during travelling different places, atleast dont have to wait and plug one after the other.

But 90 dooolaaas.? Man thats a bit expensive.?

Last edited:
What a stupid accessory. One at a time. People, save your money and get up and change the batteries after each charge. I do. For anyone saying you could let hem charge while asleep or out of the room. That is dangerous. Lipo batts MUST NEVER be left unattended while charging. I have a friend who learnt the hard way and lost half his kitchen in a lipo fire. Not a Dji product but lipos are all the same.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Supply a charger with greater current handling and have them charge simultaneously and we have a sale.

Reactions: WRXJIM
DJI.... $90 bucks... that's crazy. We all know this is a 49.99 piece of equipment. Stop gouging people

Reactions: TK-421 and Kans
$160 Australian price. LOL.....not

DJI.... $90 bucks... that's crazy. We all know this is a 49.99 piece of equipment. Stop gouging people
wonder what goes on in their minds when pricing a piece of plastic...... sure can't have more electronics than the charger themselves..... and 90 for this..... if its 40 i would have been game....

I get what they are doing, but I don't agree with it. They only want to charge one battery at a time because your existing charger is the power source and it's rated for one battery at a time (and MAYBE your controller). It's got the "storage" option, but these batteries are intelligent enough to take themselves down to storage charge after <x> days idle anyway. So they are charging $90USD for a charger that needs the existing charger to be of any use at all and will still only do one battery at a time. You are only saved the hassle of unplugging and plugging.That's a bad design and a lot of money for a plastic shell with some switching logic.

You would be MUCH further ahead just buying a second charger.

Reactions: Kans
You would be MUCH further ahead just buying a second charger.
One thing is for sure -- this is certainly not a product someone should buy to get further ahead. I always use my Phantom 3 charging hub to charge my batteries (even though I have four Phantom 3 chargers). It works out well for me since I always charge the day before I fly and I'm never in a hurry to charge them. Furthermore, I really don't want to deal with the hassle of hooking up for separate chargers. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy using it.

One thing is for sure -- this is certainly not a product someone should buy to get further ahead. I always use my Phantom 3 charging hub to charge my batteries (even though I have four Phantom 3 chargers). It works out well for me since I always charge the day before I fly and I'm never in a hurry to charge them. Furthermore, I really don't want to deal with the hassle of hooking up for separate chargers. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy using it.

Is that the one people on here have been reviewing comparable to the P3 blue that can charge 3 batteries and the controller at the same time? I've been reading good reviews but was hoping there would be a few more responses and reviews before I made my decision. Plus I was waiting for the DJI version which obviously now was a bust.

Is that the one people on here have been reviewing comparable to the P3 blue that can charge 3 batteries and the controller at the same time?
No. I'm referring to the Phantom 3 battery charging hub. It's similar to the above charging hub.

There is a multi-charger out for the Phantom 4. I saw a few people here mention they bought it, but I don't think anyone received it yet.

Charged my battery in a little over an hour, here is a video of it in progress, it's as loud as the blue ones for the P3, the fan shut off when it reached 4 lights and continued quietly until complete when the battery lights turned off as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is the one I was referring to.

Ah, so, someone did receive it. The black charger is the new blue :)

Other people in that thread stated they charged all 3 batteries at one time and it worked fine. If this in fact the new P3 blue that everyone had and reviewed so well then I may have to go with this version, I did see one on Amazon for $67.

I received that black charger last week. It works great. Fully charged all 3 batteries took same amount of time as the original charger.

No. I'm referring to the Phantom 3 battery charging hub. It's similar to the above charging hub.

There is a multi-charger out for the Phantom 4. I saw a few people here mention they bought it, but I don't think anyone received it yet.
I received mine last week. Only took a few weeks to get. Will do a video tonight

Reactions: msinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20