Phantom 4 advise

Reaction score
I picked up 2 Phantom 4 drones relatively cheap, I knew they had problems. The Phantom 4 pro fly's good, but there is no video transmission at all. The led on the SD card flashes 3 red, I know the SD card in the slot is a good one. The second drone which is a Phantom 4 has good video transmission but wont fly. It will not calibrate the IMU, get an error code -50. Tried to calibrate many times. I am hoping I can take parts off of one to get at least one of the drones working. Where would you start? I also have a phantom 3 that I have had for several years that works perfect.

I picked up 2 Phantom 4 drones relatively cheap, I knew they had problems. The Phantom 4 pro fly's good, but there is no video transmission at all. The led on the SD card flashes 3 red, I know the SD card in the slot is a good one. The second drone which is a Phantom 4 has good video transmission but wont fly. It will not calibrate the IMU, get an error code -50. Tried to calibrate many times. I am hoping I can take parts off of one to get at least one of the drones working. Where would you start? I also have a phantom 3 that I have had for several years that works perfect.
Welcome
Have you tryed to format the sd card in the app,,any change,,,what's happening in HD in channels, try a custom channel mayby,also a relink of the pro might help regain the signal...
Trouble with p4 and p4pro the internals are different just to be awkward on DJIs part,,not sure on the imu error without searching a bit.....imu error code 50 mention temperature,,cool it down before trying,might work ,,but seems a odd fix for a error,and that's from dji

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. When i select the option to format the card, it says, no card inserted. Maybe the sd card slot/reader on the drone has gone bad? The HD channels look the same between both drones. On the pro I have the 5.8 option, when I choose that there is no signal it looks like. Problem seems to be with the card reader maybe?

Did you try another SD card, just to be sure?
I had cards that worked in my phone but not in the P4P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan