Phantom 4 AC and Car Charger Now Available!

Any idea if this is available for the P3 Pro?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am new to DJI and haven't been around for ages...

Thanks for the link though.

EDIT: Dang, why is the P4 version $20 less?

P4 is a better product and they want more people to use the P4.

Really you should fly your p3 Pro out into the ocean, perform a emergency motor cut and buy a phantom 4 ;)

Has anybody used the car charger for the P4? Just want to know if it's any slower than using a mains charger and if the product is worth the £65 (inc. shipping)

Has anybody used the car charger for the P4? Just want to know if it's any slower than using a mains charger and if the product is worth the £65 (inc. shipping)
its 90 watts the car charger compared to the 100 watts AC.

Car Charger: Charging Time*: 1 hr 10 min (Intelligent Flight Battery)

The AC charger does it in about 1 hour. SO you gain an extra 10 minutes.

For portability its nice the car charger, but you can achieve the same thing with a car inverter and use your AC charger and save 10 minutes of charge time.

Reactions: maseman88
its 90 watts the car charger compared to the 100 watts AC.

Car Charger: Charging Time*: 1 hr 10 min (Intelligent Flight Battery)

The AC charger does it in about 1 hour. SO you gain an extra 10 minutes.

For portability its nice the car charger, but you can achieve the same thing with a car inverter and use your AC charger and save 10 minutes of charge time.
Thank you maseman88. I've not used inverters before, I saw this one:

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461146132.794080.jpg

Would that do the trick without damaging my batteries?

Thank you Stealthmatt. Do you mean if I left the battery attached after it completes a charge, it would discharge the battery?

Thank you Stealthmatt. Do you mean if I left the battery attached after it completes a charge, it would discharge the battery?

No, when the battery finishes charging there is next to no load, there would be a small trickle load but generally most inverters can detect the load and go into and "idle" mode.

What I'm talking about is the inverter has several safety features that will protect your car battery and inverter. I.e it won't let the car battery get flatter than a certain voltage, it won't allow you to draw more power than what it can handle.

Be careful with el chepo chinese inverters as they don't always deliver what they say they will. Do some research and read reviews, or see if it's got a good write up and doesn't sound dogey.

Buying from your local electronics store may give you a better product than eBay.

This is the one I got from my local store

150W (450W Surge) 12VDC to 230VAC Electrically Isolated Inverter | DC-AC Inverters | Power Conversion & Transformation | Power Products Electrical | PRODUCTS | MI5102 | Jaycar Electronics

This is Australian price, usd they would only be about $30

Last edited:
Is anyone else other than DJI selling the P4 car chargers yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4