Phantom 4 360% camera

Can you give a little more detail about what you're really wanting? 360 degree camera can mean a number of things. If you're asking specifically about the camera that's already on the P4, it is not considered user replaceable (with a different camera).

Have you looked into Dronepan app? It allows you to take multiple shots and after downloading to computer another software can stitch these images together and instantly can be posted on Facebook. Cool way to get 360 pic, may need to add fill in for sky in software. I'm just starting with these and they are great.

I am wanting to record a shot and people using there mobile can for example look around a room, turning left right,up, down etc

I believe Litchi can produce multi row panoramas.

NoCo Drones

People have mounted 360 degree cameras on multis on their own, yes. All it takes is an improvised mount elsewhere on the craft and a working knowledge of CG. I've rigged up all kinds of rigs over the years on my helis and now my multis. Figure out what 360 camera you want. Right now, I have a 360Fly but I'm particularly excited about the one Nikon has coming if it ever actually gets released. LOL

Figure out a way to mount it and turn it on and have at it. I've put my 360 Fly on my 350QX and it's a lot of fun.

If you're looking something on a multi made to do what you're asking, it's going to be a while, if ever. The niche market you're talking about is pretty tiny in the scheme of all things quad. Very little inside work relative to outside work and shooting the sky while shooting ground cover is almost always beyond the needs of the photographer/videographer.

I am not technical enough, I want it as easy as poss lol

Then you're not going to get it. Sorry. There's a price to pay for most anything. You want to live on the bleeding edge, you have to sacrifice your own blood. Nobody else is going to do it for you. What you desire does not exist in a turn-key system and likely won't for a while.

Guys does anybody know if I can get a 360% camera on my 4 ? Thanks

Maybe this help you

693b9780b44d1ffd2c25fbb371e3834e.jpg

Phantom 4 with 360 camera 2k - select 1440s for good quality in youtube

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm surprised it didn't knock out the GPS. I taped a little keychain camera on the same place on my P4 and couldn't get more than 4 satellites. But it would work regardless if you chose to fly in ATTI mode and weren't worried about things like RTH.

I'm surprised it didn't knock out the GPS. I taped a little keychain camera on the same place on my P4 and couldn't get more than 4 satellites. But it would work regardless if you chose to fly in ATTI mode and weren't worried about things like RTH.

Lots of us were flying long before we had GPS's and "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty." on our crafts. We flew back when you actually had to fly. I suspect that most of us that did still fly them that way.:)

Last edited:
Why would you need a 360 camera when your quad yaw's 360 and can remain perfectly still? I would want a 360 cam if my quad had 2 cameras, one for the pilot and one for the videographer. Maybe the next inspire will be that bird. Flying in one direction and looking in another can be a smashing experience.

Why would you need a 360 camera when your quad yaw's 360 and can remain perfectly still? I would want a 360 cam if my quad had 2 cameras, one for the pilot and one for the videographer. Maybe the next inspire will be that bird. Flying in one direction and looking in another can be a smashing experience.

You missed the boat of the kind of 360 degree camera he's talking about. Actually, he's talking about the only kind of 360 degree camera there is. You're talking about a camera rotating 360 degrees on a gimbal. We are not. Miss Nothing | 360fly

BTW, there are lots of reasons to have a camera that rotates 360 degrees like you're talking about too. That's why I own an Inspire also. Also, I have no problems flying without hitting things. :)

SORRY About my confusion! I get it now 360 in order to produce virtual spherical reality video and use with vr goggles. Ok now i'm in, I would really like to have one of those when they become available. I have vr goggles and love to get emersed in them. A Montreal company has recently developed software that can crunch all that data in real time (very small lag) They where using a sphere of go pro cameras to demonstrate the software, I bet we see a small version of the cameras affordable soon.(I hope) Software may eliminate the need for a gimbal.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I bought a 360Fly 4k and put it on my 350QX and played with it for a few outings. Neat stuff. I sold it though just because it's not the kind of thing I need two of. I don't ever see myself using one EXCEPT on my multis.

I want to see what Nikon's offering is going to be if they ever ship the **** thing.

Nikon KeyMission 360 | 4K Ultra HD 360-Degree Action Camera

That thing's gonna be the be-all end-all if it lives up to the hype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers