Phantom 3S free antanna booster / range extender test

olo

Reaction score
Hello fellow flyboys and girls.
Thanks to the birthday celebration of Mr. DJI I could finally afford the 599 Euro Phantom 3S.
RTF was promised - an internet connection was needed and a firmware update was forced - GRR.
Ok it stopped at 45% and then a longer than 40 min screeching / beeping drove me nuts until the internet told me to get the update file from the phone and put it on the camera SD card.

Tried that and after a couple times the progress bar reached 100%. - JAY
The first careful flights and the first photos and videos - WOW
Trying over 100 meter (300 feet) from home horizontal and vertical soon reached the limit of my little Phantom.
DANG - I should have spend the 50% more to get the Advanced for 899 Euros.

Thanks to the DJI "how the antenna works" video I learned that it is not a good idea to just start and go up and how the antenna has to be in relation the the quadcopter.
Further research introduced the "windsurfer" what I thought was a little figure on top of the Phantom (hey I saw a Santa Phantom flying around).

Here are the fruits from my research and my free solution to extend the range of the to 50mw crippled CE compliant Phantom 3 Standard.

Now the 500 meter max range is something I break with ease.
enjoy

Reactions: AngryBird
So your sayong that the windsurfer worked good .because im looking to get a better signal for video not really distance. Well maybe more distance was thinking trying the windsurfer before opening my controller for mod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj