Phantom 3P Motor Stop question

DSW

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 and a New phantom 3P.
I've wondered what would happen if during descent, what would happen if you held the throttle stick all the way down? The intent to increase the decent rate.
Depending on time held in the down position, would the motors shut down?

I have a Phantom 2 and a New phantom 3P.
I've wondered what would happen if during descent, what would happen if you held the throttle stick all the way down? The intent to increase the decent rate.
Depending on time held in the down position, would the motors shut down?
Great question... I want to know this too. I've flown mine a lot but have always been careful not to push the stick down all the way, fearing it would shut the motors off like it does on the ground. Perhaps my descents are slower then they could be as a result. Seems like DJI would build in some protection against such a simple mistake but I don't want to find out on my $1,000 drone.

The motors will not shut down.
The Phantom has to be sitting still for 3 seconds before the motors shut off. The sensors are aware the drone is still flying. I've brought my P3P in many times with yhe stick in the full down position. No problem.

Guys. This has been talked about sooooooooo much here.

If I had a +1 post count for each time this was asked here I'd have thousands of posts.

Get it!

At the risk of a moderator warning... read the knackin' manual aready!

Seriously, you spent a grand+ as you mentioned. Don't you owe it to yourselves?

Guys. This has been talked about sooooooooo much here.

If I had a +1 post count for each time this was asked here I'd have thousands of posts.

Get it!

At the risk of a moderator warning... read the knackin' manual aready!

Seriously, you spent a grand+ as you mentioned. Don't you owe it to yourselves?
Hmmm, I don't see anything in the manual that answers this specific question, unless I am missing something. Just a warning "to never stop the motors mid-flight" (yeah no kidding). Seems like a reasonable question since this is not something you'd test on an expensive drone.

Rather than ask how to delete, why not ask how to search?

Sorry for the toungue lashing earlier.

I apologize as it is late for me and I'm more than willing to help but when these questions are asked it obvious you haven't bothered to help yourselves first.

You won't have your quad long as there is so much to learn if you don't do your due dilligence.

Hmmm, I don't see anything in the manual that answers this specific question, unless I am missing something. Just a warning "to never stop the motors mid-flight" (yeah no kidding). Seems like a reasonable question since this is not something you'd test on an expensive drone.

OK, does it warn you not to?... Like doing a CSC in-flight?

Imagine the size of the manual if it told to you everything you can do?

OK, does it warn you not to?... Like doing a CSC in-flight?

Imagine the size of the manual if it told to you everything you can do?
No it does not. Nor does it mention most of the other questions asked on this forum, which is why people ask them.

No it does not. Nor does it mention most of the other questions asked on this forum, which is why people ask them.

Once again I apologize for the curt nature.

It's time for me to logout.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4