Phantom 3

Reaction score
Speaking of ideas.

Phantom 3 shall have a larger body.
This will accommodate the batteries better, Yes batteries. Plural.
Snap in design boards for addons such as video feed with no soldering required.
While one battery is purely for flight, the other could be used to power the addons.

Personally, I'd like a controller with sliders rather than joysticks.
One each for:
power
left/right
forward/reverse
pitch
yaw

The beauty of Phantom is its size. Bigger body isn't necessarily better. You don't need addons (what addons?) and that means you don't need to power them :) simple..
You can always buy any custom copter and mount whatever you want on them.

Sliders instead or classical RC radio thumb-sticks? Not likely to happen :)

What would make sense would be redundancy - more engines, ideally koax setup.

For what you pay, Phantom is pretty remarkable machine. Try to build a copter yourself to educated in this field at least a bit.

The flamewheel platform pretty much checks all those boxes minus the more sleek look of the Phantom.

I would be surprised to see the Phantom platform move in that direction.

LandYachtMedia said:
The flamewheel platform pretty much checks all those boxes minus the more sleek look of the Phantom.

I would be surprised to see the Phantom platform move in that direction.

Exactly

Please don't go with sliders. Had those on previous quad and now with the sticks I can do things with the Phantom on first flight that I could not do before.

I think the size of the current phantoms are perfect. I'm ok with a single battery. In fact I don't mind paying $150 but would love to see the technology in the battery pushed further. $150 for a battery that gives me 30 minutes with a 3D gimbal, ground station, iosd, FPV, gps, and whatever other bells and whistles would be fine by me.

I'd also love to have a platform where everything is inside. Find a way to integrate the FPV, iosd, ground station and other items inside the unit. It would make for a much cleaner look. Also to include a small 5 inch screen on the controller for FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik