Phantom 3

Reaction score
what do you think?
what should it have? what will it have?
will DJI sabotage their old products?
will you upgrade?
When will it appear?

It's going to have... Lots of competition! (esp. for my money) :lol:

There is a lot of anticipation lately for Walkera's announcement which is said to be coming next week with regard to the Tali H-500. It is also rumored that DJI has an announcement around the same time frame regarding a new product coming (ugh, yes, another one): http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 69&page=24

Don't kill the messenger if none of this happens next week, I'm just repeating what I saw on RC groups.

I'm personally very much interested in the Walkera H-500 as it's the first product I've seen from Walkera that doesn't look like a stupid toy. It's got retracts, a large payload capacity and very nice claimed flight times as well as an excellent controller. Price is likely to be north of 2K, but if it's not too far north, I'm all over it.

DJI on the other hand is really starting to piss me off:
  • recycling old products by addressing only some of the issues with each revision
  • extremely long delays in updating their buggy software
  • promising waypoints for 6 months now
  • providing zero information to the community
  • poor quality control, especially with the Plus and H3-3D gimbals
  • inability to meet demand for much needed parts (so that they can sell more full units)
  • horrific customer service
  • outrageously overpriced gear ($500 for a P2V camera, seriously?)
I loved the Phantom when it came out, but they sat on their *** and wallowed in the money for far too long. My loyalty only really goes so far, and I'll never pay $1300+ for yet another tired-*** version of the same platform. That Tali H-500 is looking better and better every day.

I'm not trying to rally support for some kind of revolution or anything, but good god DJI, get with the program or you're going to loose that ivory tower.

I agree , why should you spend 1300 , and be afraid it's going to fly away , then you have get a gps racket in case it does.
Then there's no spare parts ! WTF. No customer support.
I really don't want to start a flame war , but c'mon DJI. Fix some of these problems.

Again, apologies for getting a bit off topic, but if anyone is interested, it looks like the Tali H500 is going to be weighing in at around $1700 on the street: http://www.rcplanet.com/Walkera_TALI_H5 ... lih500.htm

Considering what you get (Hex rotor, 3-axis gimbal, 25+ flight times, F12 FPV controller, GoPro compatibility, and 1K range out of the box), this thing just seems really nice for the money. I just wish they would give you the option of opting out of the "iLook" which I'm sure is basically a door stop. If you took that our of the equation, I bet the thing would be nearly the same price as the PV+.

i really don't like walkera...plus in Romania we don't have any shop for walkera...so...the choise will be obvious.

I'm still waiting for the new Hubsan X4 H109. I have a number of the smaller Hubsan quads and the quality and design is excellent.

-slinger

welll...lol...
hubsan is a training drone...can't compare what you do with a phantom to what you do with the hubsan...i olso have a hubsan X4 107C for training but that is the only one i will buy from hubsan...i agree they are very well made, but they don't produce over 1 kg drones.

it's almoust like a P1...
no gimbal...only 15 min...they say but i am sure it's 10...depending on the price...DJI is still DJI...if they could make product a little more cheapper...it would be great.
I crashed a P1 from 300metter high and only bended the landing gear a little...what if i crashed this toy from 300Metter (that is as high as it gets i see)...what do you think would it be left of it?
DJI rulz...it's plenty of room to improve...but 4 now, it's ok.
Waiting to hear about the P3 if someone from DJI is listening!:D

http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2616

Still out of China but to an out of the box punter like the rest of the world (and myself) these look a winner, side by side a PV2+ I'd buy that, slightly interesting I think they used a Phantom to film it (bottom video).

Re: Phantom Vision 2 and Vision 2 Plus!

I agree too, why should a person spend 1300 only to find out it's going to fly away or be defective out of the box, then have to talk to DJI customer support / repair for 2-3+ months with no available spare parts and DJI's "we'll get to it in month or whenever we get around to it" attitude! Mega...WTF. Worst customer support ever seen. We're out of the drone/UAV buying market until DJI's competition catches up a bit! Never seen a worse exercise of "customer support". Warn everyone to expect nothing after the sale from DJI! Old Chinese proverb.....we got your money.....so now its your problem!
:eek:

walkera dosent have 100.000 world wide clients probably....sunt an aproximate number...try walker support to see if the answear much better...compare the number of product sold...still wount buy walkera

watterproof and proximity sensor would be way to cool
flytrex incorporated olso...
omg there are so much things you can add...
1,5 km range
Come with ideeas DJI
bring it on!

Re: Phantom Vision 2 and Vision 2 Plus!

jman said:
I agree too, why should a person spend 1300 only to find out it's going to fly away or be defective out of the box, then have to talk to DJI customer support / repair for 2-3+ months with no available spare parts and DJI's "we'll get to it in month or whenever we get around to it" attitude! Mega...WTF. Worst customer support ever seen. We're out of the drone/UAV buying market until DJI's competition catches up a bit! Never seen a worse exercise of "customer support". Warn everyone to expect nothing after the sale from DJI! Old Chinese proverb.....we got your money.....so now its your problem!
:eek:

You could always build your own. But ya you should never spend more than you can afford to lose on something's that electronic and flys. The technology is advancing so fast there are bound to be issues but I agree DJI's support business model is terrible.

And Im a nasa engineer and invented the internet so I know a thing or two.

I think they will include ground station function (out the box) And update mobile (iPhone) app to work with it.
So far it only works on an iPad, and you have to instal some stuff into your phantom.
That will also improve return home, avoiding high buildings on a map. By recording flight on a ground station.
That would be so AWESOME!
...Also a gimbal tilt control on a controller. (not a with on a back)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4