Phantom 3 won't start

Reaction score
After a great half hour or so flying two days ago I put her away as I always do and put her to bed as usual.

Today I went out back with a fully charged flight battery, fully charged iPad mini 2 and a fully charged controller.

After she warmed up and said "Safe to Fly GPS" I touched the take-off button and slid my finger across but the Phantom jut sat there and wouldn't start.

I got an error message which I think was. "ESC Status Error. Restart Aircraft" Contact DJI Support after restart.

Could someone please help me with this? I'm at a loss as to what went wrong.

Bud

You didn't say what you did after you got the warning. The message seems to be saying it wants you to reboot the P3. Did you?

I don't know how to reboot it, it just said to retry starting and if no go contact DJI

Reboot (cycle) the IPad or Android, the RC and the aircraft.

First turn off everything (P3, remote controller, tablet).
Check if all your motors are free to turn when the bird is off.
If one is no behaving the same you can try to check if there is something you can clean in it.
Retry to start it.
Can only cross the fingers it works now.

Have you recently removed a set of prop guards?
I have read on here many times others getting a similar error after they accidentally used the longer screws under the motors after removing their prop guards.

Hope you figure it out sooner than later.

MB

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No, but the DJI Company said that this "ESC Status Error" was a factory defect and to send it back to them. It left here by UPS yesterday and will be repaired under warranty. They sent me a label and all the appropriate paper work for the shipment.

Thanks though for the reply. Most appreciated.

Bud

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik