Phantom 3 without camera

Reaction score
I have recently had my Phantom 2 Vision stolen, and I am looking for a replacement. As well as using the P2V as a camera I also used it as a data relay in areas with no signal. To do this I removed the camera and had a package with a high sensitivity 3G and wifi antennas, and a mifi.

It looks like the Phantom 3 camera and gimbal is more tightly integrated than on the original Phantom II Vision. If I removed it and fit a hot swap mounting plate I am sure I can make it removable. Does anyone know if the Phantom 3 will actually fly without the camera fitted/connected ?

o_O
Ahhhaaaaa...Welcome to the forum :)
I think :confused:
Don't know if anyone has had one long enough to try that .
Really don't understand why ya would even want to ? JMO

Reactions: Thomas Lutz
Hi
I wonder if P3 camera/gimbal connection to the main board is same like P2+. I mean 3 cables. Or just a bundle of cables?

1 cable from what I can see

A data relay can be very handy at times. I play a game called Ingress which is played in physical locations with a phone. If you can find a spot where you can get data and the other team can not it is a huge strategic advantage. It is amazing how many places you can get a mobile signal at a few hundred feet but nothing at ground level.

It makes for a very heavy bird if you try to have this kit attached as well as a camera (it would also have to hang below the landing struts if the camera was fitted which would make anything other than a catch landing a crash.)

I know it was kind of optimistic to have hoped someone would have tried it with the phantom 3 being so new. If it is simple to disconnect the cable It would be great if someone could try and see if the quad will start up or fly.

I know it was kind of optimistic to have hoped someone would have tried it with the phantom 3 being so new. If it is simple to disconnect the cable It would be great if someone could try and see if the quad will start up or fly.
Good luck with that.
Can I remove the camera and attach my own?
No. The cameras that come with both models are permanently attached. Attempting to remove, replace, ormodify the camera may damage the product and will void your warranty.

I have recently had my Phantom 2 Vision stolen, and I am looking for a replacement. As well as using the P2V as a camera I also used it as a data relay in areas with no signal. To do this I removed the camera and had a package with a high sensitivity 3G and wifi antennas, and a mifi.

It looks like the Phantom 3 camera and gimbal is more tightly integrated than on the original Phantom II Vision. If I removed it and fit a hot swap mounting plate I am sure I can make it removable. Does anyone know if the Phantom 3 will actually fly without the camera fitted/connected ?
I just crashed mine through trees flying backwards in late evening and in the process the camera was ripped right off it. I got the same thing as others in this thread seem to have, that when i tried to start it up, it was saying no signal. I will have my new camera on friday(2 days) and will let you know how it goes.

Phantom 3 seems like not the best choice for this sort of thing. Honestly, I'd just build something based on Arducopter. You'll come in for a lot less money but still have a ton of great functionality.

I have a phantom 2v that I tried to install a gimbal on. Well it did not seem to take. The plane is in perfect condition the camera is still throwing out a wifi. Basically it has everything but telemetry. If the price is right I can have it shipped out to you as is. But other then no telamentary the remote and plane are sweet

o_O
Ahhhaaaaa...Welcome to the forum :)
I think :confused:
Don't know if anyone has had one long enough to try that .
Really don't understand why ya would even want to ? JMO
I just crashed mine through trees flying backwards in late evening and in the process the camera was ripped right off it. I got the same thing as others in this thread seem to have, that when i tried to start it up, it was saying no signal. I will have my new camera on friday(2 days) and will let you know how it goes.
I was given a P3S lately it took a big crash and broke the gimble, i got were it would take off by using the app, once it get to hovering alt its stays in that point but the controller will not move it left/right or up and down i can hit home and it lands properly. camera is removed from board underneath phantom. was not sure where to ask this Question .......thanks Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers